Thursday 21 December 2017

Walks - Saturday December 23 - Wednesday December 27

Fairy House in Kew Gardens - loved by kids

Happy Holidays to all - enjoy whatever it is that you celebrate - I hope it is a wonderful end to 2017.

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. We will have a photo shoot at 8:00 am (we must humour Eileen) and then head out. Please wear your Christmas themed gear - she is our very own Ms. Dress Up. I think Eileen will have a few extra Santa hats (or some such thing) for those of us in need.

The distance on Saturday is whatever suits you - come and burn off some calories before settling in for turkey, turkey and more turkey.

As for the rest of the week, I suspect it will be a bit hit and miss. Usually Sunday walkers meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room - not sure if it is an option on December 24 or not?

Monday walks are cancelled - call it an executive decision made without consultation.

Wednesday walk - two possible options - please sign in on the blog so others will know- it helps:
1. meet at Tim's 2 at 9:00 am
2. meet at Occasions at 6:30 pm

Several folks are travelling to visit family and friends or to a vacation destination - I hope that everyone travels safely and enjoys their get-aways. And, to anyone who is ill or injured, we send you healing hugs and best wishes.

What a wonderful group of people - thanks for being such loyal friends and walkers.

Announcements: from Libby:
As 2017 comes to a close, some of you may wish to make a resolution to do a race or 3 in 2018. 

Walker friendly races to consider:
Hair of the Dog- 5 or 10K- January 1- local race at Balmy Beach Club
Robbie Burns- only 8K-  January 28- Burlington
Spring Run-Off- only 8K in High Park
Sporting Life 10K- May 13

And a few others to consider - all good options
Sunday, 
April 15
Uxbridge Half MarathonHalf Marathon Run, 10K Trail Run/Walk, 5K Run/Walk, 2K Kid's Dash, Team Challenge
Register Here 
Sunday, May 6 Toronto MarathonMarathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K Run and Walk, and Relay
Saturday, September 8Toronto 5KRun or Walk in support of SickKids
Registration open January 1, 2018
Saturday, October 6 Collingwood Half Marathon & 10KChase the fall scenery
Registration open January 1, 2018
Best Wishes to all - have a great holiday - and a happy, healthy 2018 filled with good friends and good walks......from Libby and Susan

Charlotte - what are you doing to unsuspecting Libby? 




11 comments:

Susan said...

I didn't notice typo when re-reading before I posted - too excited about photo shoot (not shot) to concentrate, I guess.

I'll be out on Saturday - looking forward to getting off my reading chair where I have been, engrossed in books, all week.

P Dawn said...

Ill be there for the photo op but not sure about walking! my breathing ability is compromised with the cold weather............

Charlotte said...

I plan to be out for the photo shoot and a short walk. I have an extra Santa hat.

Helen said...

We'll be there for the photo opp and our walk will be determined by the weather (and ploughed pathways). See you at 8 am.

Deanna said...

I won't be out Saturday. My cold has returned with a vengeance. Happy holidays to all.

Eva said...

I will try to be at the photo opp. Happy Holidays to you and your family and may the new year bring you inner peace and joy. I am so grateful with my dear friends at The Shore Things. Love you all.

Olwyn said...

I'll be out in the morning for the photo shoot, a walk, and a fun and festive cafe with my fabulous walking buddies ~ see you tomorrow!

Sharon KJ said...

Barb and I will see you in the morning.

SKJ

Trish said...

I'm hoping to be out in the morning for the photo op and coffee. Walking part to be determined.

Helen said...

A bit too frigid for us on Wednesday. Much as we need to burn calories, we’re still in holiday mode. See everyone on Saturday for our last walk of the year.

Susan said...

Ditto what Helen said - sitting by the fire instead of walking today.