Friday 29 December 2017

Walks - Saturday Dec. 30 - Wednesday Jan. 3

Christmas Cheer - Shorethings Style

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. It may be a tad chilly....just saying...but a short quick walk will feel good.  Added bonus, sharing coffee with friends.

The regularly scheduled walks may be hit and miss this week given the holidays and the cold. Please sign in on the blog.
Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen Street at 8:30 am.

Mid week day time (usually Thursday) walks are organized by Nishe - let her/me know if you want to be added to the list.

Evening walks at 6:30 pm are Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). Given that New Year's Day is Monday, I suspect that there will be little interest in walking - helps to be able to check the blog.

I hope that you are enjoying the holiday season. Several folks are travelling - be safe; enjoy; bring back stories and photos to share. If you are injured, ill or recovering, please take care; we miss you and wish you well.

The New Year is a great time to set some realistic walking goals. Consider a race; consider a challenge; consider a trip and race combination (I've heard Norway mentioned a few times recently); find something that will keep you motivated and active. It keeps us young at heart.

Announcements from Dawn: Saturday Jan 13th, Dawn is hosting the walk from her place followed by coffee and eats - always a great way to start a Saturday. Details to follow in a private message - closer to the date. Looking forward to that......thanks Dawn.

Thanks to Eileen and Olwyn (and others) for a fabulous collection of photos this year - greatly appreciated. Loved the seasonal photo shoot idea, Eileen.

Happy New Year - let's get outside and walk.



16 comments:

Olwyn said...

Such fun and festive photos; what a great idea, Eileen! I'm planning on being out in the morning for a short walk and a long coffee ~ and Happy New Year to all you wonderful Shore Things!

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

Hello Shore Things from Sainte Lucie Des Laurentides. It is very frigid here also -30ish at night, too cold to x-country ski during the day so having brisk afternoon walks, then back to the woodstove and a good read, no complaints. Have a Happy New Year everyone and the very best wishes for 2018!

Stay warm,
Sheila

Susan said...

Keep warm Sheila - cold enough here; but you have it worse.

Not walking on Saturday as I have a little visitor here for the weekend - have a great walk and Happy New Year

Trish said...

Happy New Year to all my walking friends. It's pouring again here in Vancouver. Picked up race kits for Resolution run on Jan 1. Hopefully sun will shine. Stay warm!

Eva said...

Happy New Year to all, awesome ShoreThings. Stay warm Sheila and keep dry Trish. Have fun walking the Resolution run.
I will not be out tomorrow, nursing a little bit of cough and sore throat.
See you next year. 😊

Leverne said...

I plan to walk Sat morning, see some of you there. Happy new year Shore Things, here's to a great year ahead.
Leverne

Libby said...

Hapy New year All
Just home from the UK..long delays on the journey back with the snow. see you next Year!

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday morning.

Happy New Year to all the Shore Things!!

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Brrr. However, I'll be out tomorrow morning.

Get well, Eva. Enjoy your little visitor, Susan. Stay warm, everyone.

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday. Distance TBD.

Charlotte said...

I will be out for a short walk, probably very short. Happy New Year to the absent walkers.

Helen said...

I'm not in training for anything (yet) so I'm not motivated to go out into the blustery frozen wastes in the dark tonight (Wednesday). Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Phew! I don't have to feel guilty about not going out tonight. I was hoping to go out on Saturday but I just heard it's supposed to be -20 again. Why do we live here again??

Susan said...

Me neither. Maybe Saturday will be more inviting

Jan said...

Phew! I don't have to feel guilty about not going out tonight. I was hoping to go out on Saturday but I just heard it's supposed to be -20 again. Why do we live here again??