Friday 10 November 2017

Walks - Saturday Nov. 11 - Wednesday Nov. 15, 2017

Champions: our very own Libby; our very own flag - together at NYC finish line

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. It may be a bit chilly but the coffee and the friends are warm and welcoming.  The distance is flexible - you choose.  And, because it is Remembrance Day, several of us will want to finish and get to a service to remember and honour our veterans.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am.
Mid week walkers meet Monday (7:00 pm) at Loblaws; Wednesday (6:30 pm) Occasions.

Trish, Cheryl, Anita and Julie are headed to LV for their race. Make us proud - best wishes for a great race, good weather and a fun get-away weekend. We hope that your training will pay off and that your knees (bodies) will be pain free.

Libby and Susan completed the NYC marathon last Sunday in the drizzling rain....along with 50,000 of their closest friends. Libby's daughter, Fiona, surprised her by appearing in the cheering crowd along the route. What a sweetheart. Just a little confession between you and me:  it was a tad on the tough side.

To Margy: we're thinking of you and sending hugs your way. So sorry to hear about your loss.

Announcements:
1. from Eileen: Day time walks on Thursday at 9:00 am - a small but keen group meets at Nishe's house - Nishe sends an organizing email message - let her (or sign on the blog to request more info) know if you want to be added to the email list.

2. Helen has sent two separate messages.  
a) let her know if you'd like to order a calendar.
b) please confirm your attendance for the Shore Things year end party.

3. from Libby:  A reminder to start thinking about races of interest next year. Perhaps we will discuss at the year end pot luck next Saturday. Trish has already committed to Resolution Run in Vancouver and Robbie Burns...way to go Trish. 

4. from Libby: Anyone interested in Summer Solstice Half in either Dawson City or Norway, in the midnight sun...just a thought. And, finally Libby is signing off for providing race training info until 2018!  Check out the link below:
















18 comments:

Olwyn said...

Hi Everyone, I'm planning on being out in the morning at 8 to walk with whoever is brave enough to take our first winter walk of the season!

Trish said...

Congrats to Susan and Libby. It's waRm and sunny here in Vegas. Looking forward to seeing you all at the shorethings party. Have a feat weekend everyone.

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow for the first time in a long time. Looking forward to seeing my buddies again.

Libby said...

I hope to be out for a very brief walk at 8

Eva said...

I hope to be out tomorrow for a short walk.
Big Congratulations to Libby and Susan. Really proud of your accomplishment.

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Congratulations to the ladies that have completed their race and best of luck to those who have yet to complete their race.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow. Gee Trish, I'm sure you wish you were in Toronto in the sub-zero weather rather than in Las Vegas :-)

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I will be out for a short distance Sat. morning. Congrats to Libby and Susan on your marathon. Trish, Cheryl, Anita and Julie, have a great fantastic time and race in Vegas.

Barb S.

Helen said...

We’ll be out on Saturday, all bundled up.

Lou-Ann said...

Won't be out tomorrow or for several more Saturdays as the bake-a-thon is in progress...so proud of Libby and Susan for their hard work and accomplishment and looking forward to hearing about the fun time the Vegas girls had...good luck! Will see everyone at the potluck...

Leverne said...

I plan to be out in the morning. Best to those competing in LV.
Leverne

Susan said...

Anyone walking Monday night? I can be there if I have company - would really like company....really....

Anonymous said...

Leverage and I are up for a shortish walk. Could we go at 6.30 instead of 7? I might be prone on the couch by 7pm.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I mean Leverne of course.....

Susan said...

I'm fine with whatever time works, especially since it gets dark so early now.

See you at 6:30 - hope that the time change isn't causing a problem for anyone else.

Helen said...

Unfortunately, I have a class tonight. But I've passed the time change info on to Bob, and he'll get in touch with Lynne if he's walking. (My classes end at the end of the month).

Susan said...

Wednesday, I'll be in Dundas and I'm not sure if I'll be home in time to walk so please don't wait for me. Just saying....

Leverne said...

Lynne is not walking, and I think I'll pass too.
Leverne