Thursday 16 November 2017

Walks - Saturday Nov. 18 - Wednesday Nov. 22

Congratulations Cheryl, Julie, Trish & Anita

This Saturday's walk will likely be attended by some so let's go over the details:  Meet at Tim's at 8:00 am for any distance that suits you.

As many of you know, the service for Peggy, Stacey's partner, is scheduled for Saturday at 10:00 am. I am guessing that some folks will walk; some will attend the service; and some may do both. 

To Stacey - we send you hugs and our condolences - thinking of you and your family. If this link works, it is a loving tribute to Peggy and a call to action - we better listen up:
http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20171116.93395355/BDAStory/BDA/deaths

To Margy - we also send you hugs and our condolences - so sorry to hear about your sister. I think Margy will be in the UK for another week or so.....

Sunday morning walkers meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am. Consider joining them.

Mid week day time walks - let us know (on the blog or email) if you want to be added to the Thursday day time walkers' email list.

Evenings: Monday at Loblaws - let's change back to a 6:30 pm start - for the winter months. If this causes a problem for anyone, please let us know on the blog or email.

Wednesday at Occasions at 6:30 pm.  Mid week walks are a great way to get out and move; we don't tend to go far, especially as the evenings get colder. Love to have you join us.

Announcements: The annual Shore Things Year End Great Gathering is on Saturday at 6:00 pm. Please wear your medals; bring your recommendations for races during 2018; bring any ideas you have for a challenge for 2018 - all meant to inspire us and keep us active.


Here's Olwyn working on her list of ideas for the Year End Gathering




16 comments:

Olwyn said...

Cheers! I won't be out walking tomorrow morning, but I will be at the party tomorrow night; and will continue to work on my ideas for races next season! Hope to see you all there ~

Eva said...

Stacey and Margy, my deepest sympathy. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
I will not walk in the morning, will attend the service for Peggy and will be at the potluck. See you there.

Susan said...

I won't be walking this morning.

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight at 6:30 pm? Hope so. Looking for company....

Helen said...

I'd be interested in a walk on Monday, as long as I can find my way there. Bob has to be somewhere else tonight. Will confirm closer to walk time.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tonight, I have a union meeting to attend.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I won't be out this week, entertaining my mother
Leverne

Helen said...

Look like I won't be out tonight. Hope to see you on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

Not coming. Not sure if anyone else is. Walking now instead

Helen said...

Marie, how kind of you! Sorry, I got your message too late. I'm going to delete your comment, because it contains your phone number, but thanks for the offer.

Anonymous said...

I know it was a bit late. Thank you for removing my post. I will come on Wednesday.

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I can be there if there's company - love company ....

Anonymous said...

I am interested in a quick walk this evening. 6.30 at Occasions?
Lynne

Helen said...

A quick walk would suit me.

Susan said...

see you soon - thanks for early responses.