Friday 1 September 2017

Walks - Saturday September 2 - Wednesday September 6

Good looking group

Join us at 8:00 am at Tim's for our first walk of September. Any distance is good distance. Those training may want to start earlier so sign the blog to let others know your plans.

Distances for folks who are training:
Scotia half is 12 km
Scotia full is 34 km
NYC is 30 km
Ruth, Libby, Dianne & Susan will meet at 6:30 am on Saturday for their walk - will not likely see folks at Tim's due to distance required this weekend.

Weekday training distances are 10 km and 8 km and remember "hill are our friend" so plan to include a few hills.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Mid week walks - Monday is a holiday for most; let's meet at Tim's 2 at 9:00 am. 
Wednesday evening meet at Occassion's at 6:30 pm.  Mid week evening walks need more people - please join us.
Remember to sign in - it is appreciated by others.

As always, we send our best wishes to anyone who is ill, recovering from surgery or injured - we miss you and hope to see you soon. And, safe travels to anyone who is away or escaping for the long weekend. Enjoy.

And lastly, "Hi" to Maria - Maria used to walk with us several years ago - I bumped into her this week and hope she'll join us again soon.

Announcements & Information from Libby:
Apparently the Owen Sound Bayshore Race , held last weekend was a beautiful flat route. We should all consider this excursion for next year! 

Olwyn has already signed up the Diva Race for next year and is looking for company!!! Hard to think 2018 already!

Happy Labour Day weekend - enjoy, stay well and be safe.




21 comments:

Jan said...

I am out of town this weekend so will not be around for Saturday or Monday. Have a good holiday weekend everyone!!

Unknown said...

I'll be there Saturday and most likely Monday at Tim's 2 if others are going.

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out on Saturday at 8:00am. I hope to be out on Monday also.

Eva said...

I will join the short distance walker on Saturday but have to leave early for grandma duty. I might walk on Monday, will let you know. Have a great long weekend everyone.

Olwyn said...

See you at 8am Saturday for a 12km; hope I have company! Wishing everyone a good final fling of summer!

Deanna said...

I will be walking Saturday morning but not Monday.

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday or Monday...enjoy your weekend all!

Susan said...

I am walking early and far on Saturday (according to the plan, anyway, so I won't by at Tim's on Sat.

Will confirm for Monday later.

Enjoy the long weekend.

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning for a shorter distance.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

Barb Shand

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday. Walking from Brickworks on Sunday morning with Anita. Plan to be out Monday. Have a great long weekend everyone.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday (hospital appointment) but plan joining the group on Monday morning. Frances

Eva said...

Sorry ladies, I cannot walk on Monday. See you next week. Happy trails.

Trish said...

I wil be at Tims 2 in the morning. Hoping for some company.

Susan said...

I'll be out on Monday morning - see you then.

Anonymous said...

I too will be out Monday for a short distance.

Barb S.

Jan said...

Anyone plan on walking tonight?? Home now.

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking tonight Wednesday? Leverne

Barbara Brown said...

I am still at work and not sure when I can get away. Sorry!

Susan said...

I can walk, Leverne - will meet you at Occasions at 6:30 - please confirm - I only ask because I'm signing in late.

Anonymous said...

See you at occasions Susan, 6:30
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be there too. I saw Kim at lunch and she is not coming tonight, probably. See you at occasions at 6:30