Friday 25 August 2017

Walks - Saturday Aug.26 - Wednesday Aug. 30

Lovely

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk - weather promises to be sunny and cool - great morning for a walk.

For those training, the distance required is as follows:
Scotia half is 16 km; 
Scotia full is 32 km; 
NYC is 16 km. 

Weekday distances are 10 km and 8 km. 

Remember to add a couple of hills into your route - hills are our friends.  It seems that many folks who are signed up for the Scotia half are away or AWOL - sign in to let others know if you want arrange an earlier start time. Libby, Ruth and Susan will be doing their distance walks on Friday and/or Sunday.

Those training have several serious distance walks during September and October. Let others know if you need to reschedule your walk - someone may be able to join you at an alternate time & place. Company makes those long walks so much easier.

Sunday morning walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St at 8:30 am. Mid week walks are usually Monday (Loblaws) at 7:00 pm and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm - we need more evening walkers - please join us.

Looking for a fall race?  Let us know if you find something that tempts you.

Silly




27 comments:

Trish said...

Have a great weekend everyone. I am heading up to cottage country for one last summer fling. See you next week.

Olwyn said...

I'm also out of town for the weekend; taking in some theatre in Stratford. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend, and see you next week!

Susan said...

I'll be out at 8 for about 8 - 10 km. Hope to see those who are still in town.

To those travelling, enjoy.

Deanna said...

I will be out for 8am Saturday.

Unknown said...

I'm out of town as well. See you the following week!

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out tomorrow for a distance of my choosing.....
Lynne

Libby said...

I'll be out for brisk "tempo" walk of 8 or so

Lou-Ann said...

Happy weekend for those away enjoying themselves elsewhere and happy weekend for those of us in the city...see you at 8:00 tomorrow morning...nice photo of Eileen and love that silly one below as well!

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out in the morning at 8:00.

Jan said...

I came back a day early as I'm getting scared about my Camino prep (or rather lack of it). I'll be out for (gulp) 16k if anyone else is available.

Kim said...

I will be out at 8 for 16!with Jan.

Anonymous said...

I will be out at 8 for a shorter distance.
Barb S.

Eva said...

Safe travels to those who are out and about. I will not be out Saturday since I am still recovering from my VIA experience. Hopefully to start walking next week.

Anonymous said...

I hope to be there by 8:00 to join Kim and Jan, but don't wait for me.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Back from PEI but unfortunately picked up a 'bug' on my return so not up to walk this morning. Frances

Barbara Brown said...

I am hoping to walk this evening from Loblaws. Can we confirm the meeting time?
I can be there at 6:30 or later.

Jan said...

I plan on walking tonight but thought starting time was 7??

Anonymous said...

The start time is 7pm, and I plan to walk tonight
Leverne

Jan said...

Kim and I will be at Loblaws at 7.

Barbara Brown said...

Thanks, that's fie with me. See you at 7pm.

Jan said...

I plan on walking tonight if anyone is coming out

Jan said...

If it's not raining that is

Barbara Brown said...

i am hoping to join you. I believe it is a 6:30 start at Occasions from what I see on the blog. Sorry to be so vague but I am not in the routine!

Susan said...

Not walking tonight

Kim said...

I'm still at work. Not walking tonight.

Jan said...

I'm not going to make it tonight after all - still working

Barbara Brown said...

I will leave it then as I would be the only one. See some of you on Saturday.