Thursday 28 September 2017

Walks - Saturday Sept. 30 - Wednesday Oct. 4

Dynamite Duo - well done

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am....finally we will have cooler weather for our walks. Several folks will choose whatever distance is right for them. Join in.

For those who are training, the distances are as follow:
Scotia Full- 38
Scotia Half-20 - meet at 7:00 am at Tim's if you are game for an earlier start
New York full- 32 - Susan & Libby will leave at 6:15 am (whose idea was that?)
Las Vegas Half- 14
Be sure to sign in - it really helps when we have a few different start times.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Evening walks are Monday (Loblaws) at 7:00 pm and Wednesday (Occasion's) at 6:30 pm. We are always looking for more folks for our mid week walks.

Announcements / Information
From Rainer: A terrific day at Cavan, great weather, friendly people - Frances and her daughter Rihanna took the early lead in the 10km walk and held on till the 6km mark. At that point a couple of the other walkers took over ....then Rihanna passed the competition and came in a solid 1st, Frances was in 5th place, a terrific finish.

Rainer's knee was still not 100% - did the 4.7km race and fortunately was not dead last so he did not embarrass the Shore Things. Well done folks!

From Libby: Exciting News- Race Interests are gathering for 2018. Saturday is the last day before price increase to register for the Niagara Women's. Lou-Ann signed up already with Dawn and Charlotte planning to accompany her in the 5K race. Maybe more should join them for a fun weekend in Niagara. Do Consider. Olwyn has already committed to the Diva Race next June.
Please put your thinking caps on and see if there is race that interests you for 2018!

And an article about aging, exercise & health from the NY times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/well/move/the-best-exercise-for-aging-muscles.html










22 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday as my grandson is here and I want to spend as much time with the family as I can as our time together is not long...enjoy the walk my friends...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the "DUO".
I won't be out Saturday, have tickets for the Invictus Games 9am.
Enjoy every minute Lou-Ann!
Val

Sharon KJ said...

Looking forward to tomorrow's walk. Barb, I'll pick you up at the same time and place.

SKJ

Deanna said...

I will be walking tomorrow for 8am.

Helen said...

Bob and I are in for 20K, starting at 7 am. Good luck to all the long-distance trainees! Congratulations to all the racers! Have fun with your sweetie, Lou-Ann. And say Hi! to Prince Harry, Val.

Olwyn said...

Ditto to what Helen said! Except about the 20k; I'm planning on walking to Tim's from my place at 7am (that's 4k), walking 12k, and then walking back home to make up my 20k; I have to be at work by noon, so need to be home by at least 10:30am. So any takers for a 12k from Tim's would be welcome! And Lou-Ann, enjoy your grandson!

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out at 7am for the 20km! At least the weather will be cool, even though the distance is daunting.
Congratulations to the Cavan walkers, well done!

Anonymous said...

I will also be out at 7 for 20k. This week I will be wearing my winter woolies...
Lynne

Eva said...

I will be at Tims for 8am joining whoever is doing short distance (6-8K), and also if it's not raining (we are having the weirdest weather so far).
Good luck to all long distance walkers.
Congrats to the Dynamic Duo and to the Cavan finishers. Well done.
Lou-ann, enjoy your day with your grandson.
Happy walking.

Trish said...

I will be walking on Sunday from Brickworks 7am 20km if any of you can't make Saturday. Will rejoin Saturdays shortly. Am wondering if anyone if walking on Wednesday evenings.

Anonymous said...

I will be out at 8 for a shorter distance of 6-8k. Thanks Sharon

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning. Olwyn, I can probably do the 12K, what time will you get to Tim's? My mobile is 647 227-4645 send me a text if you want to co-ordinate. If this does not work I will join the 8 am group. Frances

Anonymous said...

I will be joining the 7am group
Leverne

Helen said...

Who’s coming out tonight / Monday and how far are you walking?

Susan said...

I can walk tonight if there is company - I'd be happy to do 8 or more or whatever the rest of the group is doing.....assuming there is a group.

Barbara Brown said...

I think I am fine for going out tonight. Presume I will be at Loblaws at 7pm.

Anonymous said...

I will also be at Loblaws for 7.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm in
Leverne

Helen said...

See you at 7.

Susan said...

I won't be out on Wednesday - first night of Doc Soup. Great walk on Monday.....lovely weather.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Doc Soup on Wednesday, too. If it isn't raining – or not raining hard – we might walk to the cinema.

Anonymous said...

anyone walking tonight, if its not raining
Leverne