Friday 6 October 2017

Walks - Saturday Oct. 7 to Wednesday Oct. 11

Beautiful

Just us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a Thanksgiving weekend walk - the distance is yours to determine. Good friends, walking buddies and great fall weather - lots to be thankful for.

For those who are training, the distances and suggested start times are as follows:
Scotia half - 16 km - suggesting a 7:30 am start - sign in to confirm.
Scotia full - 26 km
NYC full - 34 km - Susan, Libby, Ruth & Dianne are walking at 6:15 am
LV half: 16 km

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am - consider joining them.
Monday - it is a long weekend, I suggest meeting at Tim's 2 (Gerrard & Vic Park) at 9:00 am
Wednesday - Occasions at 6:30 pm
Join the mid week walks - we'd love to see more folks coming out.

Announcements & Information: 
From Libby: Running Room Beach has stock of the Saucony Peregrine shoe for walking in icy conditions. It sold out last year to rave reviews so if you are nervous about winter walking, give it a try! The grip is amazing.

Libby is heading away to foreign shores and sends her very best wishes to everyone participating in the Scotia. We wish Libby a great trip.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. If you are travelling, be safe and enjoy. If you are injured or ailing, we send hugs and best wishes. We miss you.

Thanks to Olwyn for this week's (and many others) photos.








29 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

I will be there for the 7:30am start. Hoping for no rain to do our 16km.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jan said...

I'll see how much sleep I get - don't wait for me!

Helen said...

We're in for Saturday at 7:30.

Trish said...

I'll be out tomorrow at 8 for a shorter walk. Do hope I have company. Some of us will be doing our long walk on Monday from my house at 8am. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Happy travels Libby, welcome back Jan and Kim. I'll be there for 7:30
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Lots of Thanksgiving commitments this weekend so will not be able to join for walk Saturday or Monday. I am off to Scotland next Wednesday (11th)for two weeks. Will be out to walk on return. Good luck to all in race later this month.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Frances

Jan said...

Not going to make it - not enough sleep. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Stacey said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Welcome back Jan, Kim and Ruth. Peg and I are leaving on a road trip to Cap Breton on Tuesday. Consequently I won’t be doing the Scotia half that I registered for. Does anyone want my bib?

Olwyn said...

It's a bit late now, but I won't be out this morning; like Jan, catching up on some zzzzzzz'z! Happy Thanksgiving to all; have a wonderful weekend, and Stacey and Peg, have a great trip to Cape Breton!

Eva said...

Sorry for late reply but I was a no show Saturday morning, same with Monday Grandkids commitment. Welcome back to Jan, Kim and Ruth from buen Camino. Safe travels Libby.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Thanks for my many friends in the Shore Things.

Susan said...

Hope to see some of you on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Love the photo Olwyn! I won't be out Monday. See you the following weekend.

Susan said...

Any one walking on Monday morning from Tim's 2? Hope so - I'll check back later thinking that folks are busy with Thanksgiving turkey, visits, etc.

Helen said...

I'd love to do an 8K-ish walk from Tim's 2 on Monday morning -- provided it isn't pouring. A sprinkling, I could take. Will check in tomorrow morning.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't feel thankful for all of you!

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking tomorrow as long as it's not raining.
Lynne

Jan said...

I planned to walk but forecast not looking so good...Ill check in later.

Helen said...

Looks like the rain won't stop in time for 9 am, and I have company coming at noon, so can't push it any later. I'm going to call it a regretful pass from Bob and I.

Helen said...

Technically, that should be "from Bob and me."

Susan said...

I'm thinking the same as Helen - keep waiting; keep drinking my coffee but I think 9:00 am is going to be too wet.

Happy Thanksgiving to all - I'm heading to Whitby to celebrate later today.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out this morning, happy thanksgiving to all
Leverne

Susan said...

I won't be out on Wednesday evening - have a previous commitment. However, will be walking with Ruth and Libby at 6:45 am for 16 km or so - please don't rain.

Anonymous said...

anyone walking tonight?
leverne

Helen said...

From the radar map, it looks like the rain will stop just before we start walking (at 6:30), but then restart half way through when we're on the road. I'm feeling a bit like a fair-weather walker tonight. But, urging might make me change my mind if you're eager...

Jan said...

I was planning on it but the forecast is for light rain right through to 11 o'clock. What does everyone else think?

Helen said...

I'll go with the majority.

Anonymous said...

As much as I need to get out and walk the weather is not making me want to. I think I will skip tonight and keep my fingers crossed for better weather on Saturday.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

As it's pouring now, I say let's pass tonight
Leverne

Jan said...

I just went outside - it is not nice out there! I pass....

Helen said...

Okay. A pass from us as well.