Thursday 21 September 2017

Walks - Saturday Sept 23 - Wednesday Sept. 27

Pirates of the Shore

Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's for a distance of your choosing. Enjoy these last walks of summer - soon we'll be complaining about the cold and snow.

Those training for the Scotia half plan to meet at 7:00 am in order to get out before the heat of the day. Sign in on the blog so people know if you plan to start at 7:00 and do the distance or start at 8:00 am.

Distances required this week for training are as follows:
Scotia half is 18 km - hence the early start.
Las Vegas half is 12 km.
New York & Scotia full are walking 34 km on Friday (brutal given the heat).

Other walks:
Sunday walks at 8:30 am from the Running Room on Queen St.
Monday night, at 7:00 pm, from Loblaws
Wednesday night, at 6:30 pm from Occasions.

A few of our walking buddies are ailing - others injured - we wish you well and we miss you. Join us again as soon as you are able.

Some are travelling; some are walking the Camino (and doing really well); to all, be safe; be well. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Best of luck to Rainer, Frances and her daughter for their Cavan Race. Please feel fre to join them as there is always room and the butter tarts are said to be delicious.

And lastly, best of luck to Olwyn and Susan who will be competing in a Dragon Boat regatta on Saturday which marks the end of their season.

Love the photos of the Halifax race - great time was had by all - worth considering for next year.










21 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

I will be there at 7am. See you in the morning.

Helen said...

See you at 7 am. Remember to hydrate today!

Unknown said...

I'll be there at 8:00. Good luck to those doing the loooong distances!

Olwyn said...

Congrats to the pirate racers; great photos! Thanks for the good wishes to Susan and I for our dragon boat regatta tomorrow; paddles up! Hence, I won't be walking Saturday morning, but will do my 18k on Sunday from the Brickworks.....

Trish said...

Go get 'em you dragon boaters. Remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I will be walking with Olwyn from brickworks on Sunday morning at 7:30. Have a great weekend everyone.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday morning at 8.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 7. Helen and Bob shall I pick you up on my way past.
Leverne

Susan said...

Trish and Olwyn - I might consider joining you on Sunday - I'll do anything for a blueberry scone and coffee at the Brickworks. Will confirm late Saturday - will email you directly.

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you at 8:00 for whatever distance I do...have fun Susan and Olwyn! Love the pirate photos...

Eva said...

I will be at Tim's at 8am. Good luck to the dragon boaters - Olwyn and Susan, have a fun race. All the best to long distance walkers, try to keep cool 😎

Jan said...

Love the pirate costumes! Did my 18 yesterday- in fact did 25 and finished the trek. Get to sleep in this morning.

Helen said...

Yes, thanks, Leverne.

Bob said...

Helen will pass on the walk due to the both a cold and the heat. Hey, you can't have it both ways! I am open minded if others wish to walk. Please sign in. Otherwise, I will defer to Tuesday morning when it's cooler.

Anonymous said...

Neither Barbara or I will out this evening.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking this evening
Leverne

Susan said...

Too hot for me so will stay home tonight. I think Wednesday evening might start to cool down.

Anonymous said...

Unless it's raining I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Barbara Brown said...

I am not sure about tonight mainly due to heat. I will check in again later.

Helen said...

Assume we'll be out on Wednesday night, unless something drastic happens.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tonight, got a movie date....
Lynne

Susan said...

I'll walk if there is company - already feeling a bit cooler and less humid outside.