Thursday 20 July 2017

Walks - Saturday July 22 - Wednesday July 26

A well deserved intermission

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Any distance is good distance. The only folks who are training (Libby, Susan, Dianne & vacationing Ruth) will do their long walk early Friday. The important thing is to come out, get moving and then join the group for coffee.

Sunday morning walkers meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Monday evening walkers meet at 7:00 pm at Loblaws.
Wednesday evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm at Occasions.

Sign in on the blog so that others know your plans regarding the walks.

Best wishes to Margy and Rainer who flew off to Newfoundland for a 10 mile race in St. John's. Great spot to visit - enjoy, do well and safe travels. I heard a rumour that Margy will be screeched during her visit - does she know about this? Stay tuned for details.

Announcements:
1. Shorethings Pool Party is Saturday July 29th - Please RSVP to Lou-Ann. This annual event is always great fun and the pot luck ensures great menu choices - many thanks to Lou-Ann & Paul for hosting.

2. Price for the Scotia bank race increases July 27th - consider signing up and race with other Shorething races.

3. Let Libby know if you are signed up for a race.

As the summer ticks along, many are taking vacation and travelling - enjoy; be safe; hurry back. I'll be missing in action for the next few weeks. My thanks to Helen who will do the blog in my absence.





15 comments:

Eva said...

I will be MIA also (which is most of the time anyways) for the next few weeks. This time my excuse is I will be in Winnipeg volunteering for the Canada Games as part of my 150th Canada celebration 🎉. Enjoy the summer and take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm back but have a funeral to attend tomorrow morning.
Enjoy your walk, see you next time,
Sheila

Olwyn said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning at 8 for a fun, short walk! Followed by a fun, long coffee; hope to see everyone then!

Helen said...

We'll be out on Saturday at Tim's. See you at 8 am.

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday for a short-ish walk - hope it isn't as hot & humid as it was for my early morning 22 km this morning with Libby and Dianne.

Libby said...

Safe and fun travels for all who head out next week to exciting locations. Look forward to hearing about your adventures!
I will not be out tomorrow- recovering from the hot 22.5K done early this morning!

Sharon KJ said...

Work beckons and so I shall miss yet another outing. Work also prevents me from attending the pool party. Eventually I will see everyone soon. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I'll be out for 8:00 on Saturday for a short walk

Eileen

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss tomorrow and following Saturday due to other commitments. Will catch up in August! Leverne and Lynn...I believe you are both off on your trip to Europe next week...enjoy.
Frances

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking, but will come out for coffee provided it's not raining.
Barb S.

Kim said...

I am walking at 8 tomorrow (Saturday). See you there.

Helen said...

Bob and I walked on Monday morning, so won't be at Loblaws tonight.

Helen said...

I don't see anyone signing in for Wednesday night. Jan and I walked this morning, but might be willing to go again if we're needed. Please speak up quickly!

Helen said...

On the other hand, if we can believe the radar map, there's a big raincloud heading our way at walk time.

Lyndia said...

July 31
I want to walk tonight from Loblaws! Is anyone walking? The rain forecast at 5 is 20% only!