Wednesday 26 July 2017

Walks: Sat. July 29 to Wed. Aug. 2

Happy bunch at the Spit's 8K turnaround
Come out, come out, wherever you are! Join us at Tim's on Lakeshore at 8 am for a fun walk in good company. It's our last Saturday together in July, so come out in force.

Monday is 7 pm at Loblaws. Wednesday is (usually) 6:30 pm at Occasions, but summertime means some walk in the morning instead. And other groups meet at different times and places.

Please be sure to check the comment section to see who's coming out on any particular day, and do sign in to let us know were you'll be. It helps to know if we'll have company.

Race notes from Libby:

This weekend the Beach Jazz race takes place and there are still spots for the 5K race Sunday for any interested. The 10K and Half distances are full!

Congratulations to Trish, Cheryl and friends Anita and Julie who have all signed up for the Scotia Half. Hope you join us for your training! If you check the Race Interests list, you'll see we now have quite a contingent competing is this fall race! Any more interested?? 

Training for Scotia begins Monday with distances of 6K and 8K during the week. Scotia full should do 26K this week. (Ruth returns from travels this weekend!)

And from Helen:

Want maximum bling from little effort (and "only" a US$100 investment)? Four, count 'em, four medals for three 5K "races" – that you can do anywhere, almost anytime, at any pace! Check out this link. The bling addict in me is almost tempted:


Happy trails to our travellers. Get well real soon to our sidelined Things. And hope to see lots of you Saturday afternoon at the pool party! 

More smiling faces!

17 comments:

Deanna said...

I am not able to walk this weekend. Enjoy the pool party. Unfortunately, I have a funeral that afternoon.

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be out on Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Unknown said...

I'll be out this Saturday

P Dawn said...

I expect to be at Tims in the morning.

Helen said...

Bob and I plan to be out on Saturday morning.

Libby said...

Arlene and i will be out tomorrow morning. Not sure my distance- 24K today has left me with tired feet!

Olwyn said...

I'm sorry to be missing the pool party, but I'm happy to be visiting my grand-daughter! Have fun!

Jan said...

I'll be it tomorrow morning for 8ish - see you then.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out for the morning walk. See you all at the pool party.

Barb S.

Joan said...

Okay, I will be there in the morning. I cannot make the pool party but I know with this group that you will have a blast!

Kim said...

I won't be walking this morning. See you at Lou-Ann's.

Helen said...

I'll be available to walk from Loblaws on Monday at 7 pm. As long as it isn't pouring.

Jan said...

Me too - forecast says it should be Rai ing now but okay by 7

Helen said...

If it's only Jan, Kim and me tonight, we might walk locally, rather than Loblaws. Please sign in before 6:30 if you intend to be at Loblaws.

Jan said...

HHmm don't know 'bout that thunder.....

Helen said...

We might miss the rain, but after Norma's lightning story, I'd rather not be a moving target for electricity. Rescheduling our walk to Tuesday evening.

Jan said...

Change of plans - walking Tuesday night instead at 7 from Earl Haig.