Thursday 22 June 2017

Walks - Saturday June 24 - Wednesday June 28


Love You Racers
They enjoyed their race, as you can clearly see.

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk and then coffee with friends. The distance can flexible and perhaps will vary somewhat. Ruth, Libby and Susan are scheduled to do 16-18 km but have made arrangements to git 'r done on a different day.

Sunday walkers meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street.
Mid-week evening walks are Mondays at 7:00 pm at Loblaws; Wednesday at 6:30 pm at Occasions.
Join us. Sign the blog so that others know your plans.

Congratulations to the ALL the racers last weekend. Ruth did an amazing time (!:17) first in her age category, in the Waterfront 10K. Where are the photos, Ruth? We need to celebrate that finish.

Rainer reported that the race in Brandon Hills Ajax waterfront was good. Frances and her daughter Rhianna came in 2nd and 3rd walker in the 10 km.  Margy and Rainer came in 1st and 3rd in the 5 km walker category. Very, very impressive - congratulations. The delicious post race food was Jerk Chicken, Roti, Salads and Dumplings with some Ginger Beer .... worth doing this race again next year ... hopefully with more Shore Things.

To those who are injured, ill, or recovering from surgery, please know that we are thinking of you and sending you are very best wishes - Niki, Norma, and Nishe's Nigel - speedy recovery. We miss you.











20 comments:

Susan said...

I will not be out on Saturday - babysitting for my son's moving day - hope you have a rain free walk.

Joan said...

If it is dry, I will be there!

Eva said...

I will not be walking on Saturday. It is my daughter's birthday and will be joining grandkids in the celebration 🎉
Have a good walk and hope the sun will show its sunshine. 😊

Jan said...

I won't be walking tomorrow- going out of town overnight. See you Monday.

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow, but know that I miss my walks and my fellow Shore Things. SKJ

Deanna said...

Not sure if walking tomorrow. Have a fundraiser tonight & my grandson's lacrosse tournament tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow for a 6 km.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tomorrow, Street sale I need to get ready for
Leverne

Trish said...

I'm not sure if I will be out in the morning. If I'm not there don't wait. Turing off all alarms and technology. Have a great weekend everyone.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be there soon...looks like everyone knew I was coming out so they made other plans...well wishes to our friends...

Anonymous said...

Do I even need to say it, but I'm not walking if its raining.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'm also not walking even if there is a 'threat of rain'.
Lynne

Bob said...

It looks like it might start clearing by 7. If no one sign signs in, i might just walk locally.

Jan said...

I would like to walk if it isn't raining.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight--not feeling well.

Susan said...

Looks like it is clearing and I'm game to walk - hope to see some of you.

Strange weather day!

Jan said...

No rain forecast for tonight - I'll be out for a short walk.

Susan said...

Wednesday evening I can't walk - will be at a documentary - enjoy and see you on Saturday.

Deanna said...

I will be out tonight.