Friday 16 June 2017

Walks - Saturday June 17 - Wednesday June 21

Congratulations Divas - Love your pink shirts

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a distance of your choosing. Coffee with friends is the bonus for your efforts. 

We wish Ruth the very best - she walks the Waterfront 10 km Saturday - make us proud, Ruth. 

Congratulations to our Divas. Looking fine! Despite the heat, you mastered the course. Well done.

Sunday morning walkers meet at Running Room at 8:30 am. Consider joining them.
Mid-week evening walkers meet Monday at Loblaws at 7:00 pm and Wednesday at 6:30 pm at Occasions. Nice to see so many out last Wednesday - we welcomed back Libby, Deanna & Viv from their respective travels.

Remember to sign in to let others know your plans for walking.

Best wishes to those who are ill, injured or recovering from surgery - we miss you and send you our very best wishes. Safe travels to anyone who is out and about.

Announcements and Information - from Olwyn: A poisonous plant that we may encounter on our walks this summer.  Beware the Giant Hogweed!  

The city is warning Scarborough residents of poisonous plants along trails and in parks. Giant hogweed has a green stalk with very noticeable reddish-purple blotches on it and can grow to 20 feet tall. It's dangerous to humans and can cause serious burns & rashes on anyone who touches it. We’re being asked to call 311 if you spot it so city crews can deal with it. CityNews has video on what it looks like: http://bit.ly/2tgoIiH







19 comments:

Deanna said...

I will finally be walking again Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I will be out on Saturday morning for a 6k.

Barb Shand

Helen said...

Bob and I plan to be at Tim's for at least 8K. Hoping that raincloud with the lightning in the forecast is meant for a later time of day, or not at all.

Susan said...

I'll be out on Sat. Libby and I are scheduled for a 7:00 am start with a distance of 16 km or so - that's Libby's story; I'm just following her lead.

Might be back before the coffee gang is finished.

Susan

Trish said...

I won't be out this Saturday. Heading to Lakefield to help my other brother get ready to move. Have a good walk everyone and see you next week.

Anonymous said...

My daughter (Rhianna) and I are walking in the Brandon Hill (Ajax) 10K walk tomorrow so will not be at Tim's. See you next week. Frances

Eva said...

I won't be out Saturday due to other commitments. Have a good walk to all. See you next week.

Helen said...

I'd very much like to walk on Monday, as long as it looks like we'll dodge the rainclouds.

Susan said...

Me too - will be at Loblaws at 7. Hope to see you then.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, doggie has a vet's appointment.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

see you at 7 at Loblaws, as long as it's not raining.
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight if it's not raining

Susan said...

Anyone walking Wednesday night? I can be there if I have company....

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight- still at a client's and no end in sight....

Susan said...

No one has signed in as of 5:15 pm so I think I'll walk from home

Bob said...

I can make it. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Leverne and Lynne are walking tonight
Leverne

Bob said...

Ok. I'll can Vespa down.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight. Have a good walk.