Thursday 8 June 2017

Walks - Sat. June 9 - Wed. June 13

Looking good!
Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. I expect that it may be a small gathering this week due to two race events.  The distance is whatever suits you - come out and enjoy the sunshine.

This week's Races:  On Saturday, the Shopper's Women's 5 km event will feature Dawn, Charlotte, Lou-Ann, Eileen(?), Eva, Val, Barb S. and Margy. Best wishes and enjoy the event.

On Sunday, the Diva half marathon race will feature Olwyn, Eva, Helen, Kim, Trish and Cheryl(?). Have a great race, enjoy, have fun and make us proud.

I hope I haven't missed anyone or misrepresented anyone. Please take lots of photos.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8;30 am
Mid week evening walks are Monday (Loblaws - 7:00 pm) and Wednesday (Occasions - 6:30 pm) - please join us and sign in so others know your intentions.

Announcement and Informations: Congratulations to Margy and her daughter who competed in last week's soggy Niagara Women's half marathon. According to Rainer, their #1 fan, It was a tough day for Margaret and Iona. It rained from the time we arrived at 6:45am till the end of the race. Margaret and Iona had wet socks, shoes, sore feet as well as their clothing was drenched. Rainer was on the sidelines cheering them on ... and getting soaked as well.They persevered and both came in under 3:00 hr,  it was Iona's best time ever (she ran & walked). Margy was 53rd out of 439 entrants and 1st in her age category as a walker.  Medals were well deserved.

Brandon Hill Run Walk Sat. June 17 - Ben Kong plans to be at the Tim Horton's this Saturday before everyone begins walking at 8am, and to speak very briefly before we walk. The $5 discount codes below have been extended to the end of this weekend - Consider signing up...
Code: STWALKER
Code: 6355

To any injured or ill folks and to those who are (or will be) recovering from surgery - we miss you and send you our best.





25 comments:

P Dawn said...

as mentioned, I won't be at Tim's tomorrow morning but wanted to wish the Diva group good luck.
Well done Marg for getting done in Niagara in the rain!!

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 am. Good luck to both our groups of walkers. Enjoy your race.

Olwyn said...

Bravo to Margy and Iona; and to Reiner, for enduring the rain during the Niagara Half! I won't be out Saturday morning, as I'll be resting (!) for the Diva Half on Sunday; we'll be sure to take lots of pictures! Good luck to the Shoppers 5k racers tomorrow!

Helen said...

I won't be out on Saturday (will be "resting" while trying to visit 30 gardens for Through the Garden Gate), but I think Bob is planning to be there. Wishing us all a great day(s) at the races!

Congrats to brave Margy and Iona! And applause to their faithful documentarian.

Eva said...

Congratulations to mighty and brave Margy and Iona and Reiner. Well done in spite of the rain. I will not be out on Saturday; I will be joining the Shoppers racers and on Sunday doing my first half after more than a year absence. It will be fun.

Eva said...

I will be walking in memory of my dearest friend Lise Daoust who passed away last year. She is the one who started me to do marathons.

Olwyn said...

Eva, what a great tribute for your friend Lise; we will keep her in our thoughts as we walk the distance!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all the Divas and fingers crossed for great weather!
Margy

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning. Congrats Margy on doing such good job in lousy weather and good luck to all the Divas.

Sharon KJ said...

WOW! What awesome women and men who make the Shore Things..well, simply awesome. Nothing can stop us! Congratulations to Margy and Iona for your perseverance and determination. Best of luck to those doing races in the near future. Finish upright and smiling. I won't be out for the next couple of weeks. See you soon. SKJ

Trish said...

What a group indeed! I won't be out tomorrow morning. "Saving" myself for Sunday. Actually spending the day with Ali who surprised me and came in from Vancouver for my birthday. Good luck to all the Saturday racers and see the Sunday group at the start line.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Margy and Iona. And good luck to all the Divas (and in particular, to those Divas who are racing on Sunday).

I'll be out tomorrow for whatever.

Ruth

Susan said...

I won't be out Monday evening - have a friend visiting from BC - enjoy your walk - hope to see you Wednesday evening.

Jan said...

Thinking of begging off tonight - heat and work. Bob and Helen are taking g the night off. What do the rest of you think? Other than Susan who already said.

Anonymous said...

I am with you Jan, but m staying inside in the cool.
Lynne

Helen said...

Jan beat me to it, but I'm taking the evening off. I had enough of hot-weather walking over the weekend.

DeA said...

I will be walking Wednesday night. Deanna

Libby said...

Ruth and i plan to walk from Occasions tonight

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tonight, great walking weather

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out for a short walk on Wednesday – nothing too strenuous this week.

Susan said...

I will be out tonight - favour to ask if I'm not there by 7:00 - please walk along Eastwood to Woodbine and we'll meet up. I'll be coming on foot and if late, that way we'll meet for sure. Thanks. See you soon.

Susan said...

So sorry - I meant to say 6:30 pm - our scheduled start - my error.

Jan said...

Who is "Anonymous"?? We have hackers in our midst?! Would that be you Lynne?

I'll be out tonight for a short walk - still in tax hell. One of my worst clients? My son!

Susan said...

I think it was from Sylvia - she and Viv are walking tonight.

See you soon

Anonymous said...

It was Leverne actually