Thursday 1 June 2017

Great route last week for the training crew

Join us at Tim's at 8:00 am on Saturday - we'll have a good walk with good friends and it doesn't get any better than that.  Any distance is good distance.

Best wishes to Margy and her daughter in the Niagara race - make us proud!

For those training: Divas are now tapering for their race in a week- a mere 12K on Saturday with 6 and 5 during the week.  Sign in, Divas, if you want an earlier start time - wasn't sure what works best for you.

NYC folks are scheduled for 14 km but since Libby has flown the coop, Susan will join the Diva group.

Sunday folks meet at 8:30 am at Running Room on Queen St. Consider joining them - I hear the pace is pleasant.

Monday (Loblaws) at 7:00 pm and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm - we have a small but mighty mid week evening group - interesting routes - consider joining us.

We noticed your written commitment to join us soon Frances - we'll be looking for you with welcome back smiles.

To those travelling - enjoy, be safe and bring back stories to share. To those ill or injured, we are thinking of you and we miss you. To those who are awaiting surgery - best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Announcements & Information:
Scotia half or full - great medal - a few are signed up already - prices increase June 6 - consider signing up and you'll have company to train with.  Race date: Oct. 22nd.

from Susan - New botanical garden near Brantford - might make a nice day trip - check it out:  http://www.whistlinggardens.ca

from Ruth: Boost your performance with caffeine - However, article doesn’t say what happens to your race time if you have to stop to pee as a result of drinking coffee before the start  
from Rainer - information from article by Dr. Gifford Jones:  Fighting Osteoarthritis of the knee - In journal Arthritis Care and Research, 1,800 people were studied who were at risk of developing arthritis of the knee. Those who took 6,000 steps (about 3 miles) daily were less likely to develop knee problems. Researchers suggested starting with 3,000 steps and increasing. Previous studies have recommended 10,000 steps daily - fewer steps can still be healthful. 
No comment required!

23 comments:

Deanna said...

I will not be out for the next two Saturdays. Best of luck to the Diva's wherever you may be running.

Susan said...

I'll be out Saturday - hope to see you then - aiming to walk with the Divas

Helen said...

Haven't spoken to the other Divas yet, but for me an 8 am start would be fine. As we say: it's "only" 12K.

Olwyn said...

An 8am start is fine for our Diva 12k ~ and the weather looks promising! Love your new shoes, Margy!

Trish said...

8am sounds just fine for me. See you all in the morning.

Anonymous said...

If there's anyone who can fill big shoes, it's Margy.

I'll be out at 8:00 tomorrow.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning. SKJ

Kim said...

I'll be out at 8 for 12

Barbara Brown said...

I will be ther at 8 am for some distance to be determined! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lou-Ann said...

See you in the morning at 8:00 for whatever distance the gods direct me to walk...have to agree with Ruth's comments about Margy...great photo...

Anonymous said...

I too will be out in the morning.

Barb Shand

Eva said...

I will be out too. See you all. 😊

Susan said...

Any walkers tonight? I'll be there, if so. I think the rain will hold off for us.

Helen said...

Hoping to be out tonight. It's a mere 6K on the Diva schedule!

Jan said...

I'll be out

Kim said...

I'm coming

Jan said...

I can't walk Wednesday - forgot I have a meeting.

Susan said...

I will be at Occasions at 6:30 pm tonight - hope to see some of you there.

Helen said...

Sorry, Susan. Bob can't make it tonight (school meeting) and I realize I also have a garden event I'd like to attend. Will probably do my 5K on Thursday evening from home. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Susan said...

Sorry Leverne - it didn't look like anyone was going to join me, so I made other plans - I waited until 6:00 pm hoping someone would sign in

Anonymous said...

Viv and I are walking tonight.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Viv and I are walking tonight.

Sylvia