Friday 26 May 2017

Walks - Saturday May 27 - Wednesday May 31, 2017

Misty Monday Morning
A lovely photo from Monday's walk - thanks to Sharon

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Saturday weather looks sunny. Let's make the most of it.  Any distance is good distance....unless you are training.
1. Margy is tapering with a mere 12K.
2. Diva trainees are scheduled for 16K.  Not sure if Divas want to start at 8:00 or at 7:30 am??? Sign in to let others know. 
3. Susan and Libby have 12K on the schedule but could be convinced to join the Diva's for 16?
Weekday distances for Divas are 10K both days. 

Sunday walkers meet at 8:30 am at Running Room on Queen St.
Evening walkers meet Monday (Loblaws) at 7:00 pm and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm.
Join us if you can.

Announcements & Information:
1. I understand that we have a new Grandma in our midst. Check in with Arlene for details. Congratulations to all.
2. Bob and Helen have signed up for the Scotia Half - check it out & sign up - the medals feature the Leuty Lifeguard station - how neat is that? 
3.  Thanks to former Shorethings, Michelle Ramsay, for this gem...Word for the day: Inanition which means "the exhausted condition that results from a lack of food and water" - please hydrate.
4. Some of us suffer from sore knees often caused by IT band problems - pain tends to be on the side of the knee. Found this list of stretches on line:  
http://strengthrunning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ITB-Rehab-Routine.pdf

Leuty Lifeguard Station



29 comments:

Olwyn said...

Gorgeous photos!! I'll be out for a Diva 16k in the morning; anyone interested in a 7:30am start? Fingers crossed for good weather!

Susan said...

I will be out and could be talked into 16 kms with my Diva friends (I'd be consider the support crew).

I am happy to start at 7:30 if that is the agreed time - will check back for confirmation of start time for 16 km

Anonymous said...

Like Susan says .... will check back to see if people are meeting at 7:30 for 16K.

Ruth

Helen said...

Our Divas (so far) seem to have a consensus for 7:30 for our 16K.

Trish is planning a northwest route. hopefully away from the pong of the Polson fire. I could smell it from 427 and Lake Shore when I came back from the airport last night, and now the wind has changed, I can smell it all the way up to Danforth.

Eva said...

Can I convince anybody to start at 8am for 16K? If not, I will start at 8am and walk less.

Susan said...

Ok - 7:30 is fine and a northern route is fine too.

Ruth - shall I pick you up about 7:15-7:20?

Libby said...

Arlene and i will join the Diva et al group for 16K at 7:30

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tomorrow, planning on going to "Doors Open" with my wonderful husband...enjoy your walking tomorrow friends...CONGRATS ARLENE!!!

Trish said...

I will be there for 7:30 and try and convince Eva to join us. Beautiful photos.

Eva said...

Ok, 7:30 it is.. I will be walking like a zombie fast asleep. 😊

Anonymous said...

First I want to say how much I enjoyed the walk this past Monday morning, made extra special by the warm welcome. Yes now that the weather (and my health) much improved I plan joining the 'Shore Things' as much as possible. Unfortunately not this Saturday as I have baby sitting (grand daughter) commitments. However I do plan joining the group (weather permitting) on Monday evening. BTW my daughter (Rhianna)and I plus sister and brother-in-law are all signed up for the 10K walk June 17 in Ajax (Brandon Hill). I will walk on my own when not able to join the group in preparation for the 17th.
Frances

Sharon KJ said...

Arlene and Gerry, congratulations on your newest family member! Alas, I won't be out tomorrow. Enjoy the walk everyone! SKJ

Jan said...

Where are we meeting tomorrow morning?

Jan said...

Maybe I misunderstood? We're still meeting at Tim's but doing a north route?

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday morning.

Barb Shand

Helen said...

I'd like to walk on Monday night (Loblaws at 7), but will watch the forecast before committing. Will check in later.

Susan said...

I want to walk too - and I'm assuming the weather will be tolerable or better - hope to see you there and then.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately will not be able to join tonight after all. If anyone available (weather permitting) tomorrow (Tuesday) night I could make it for 7 pm. Indicate on blog or text cell 647 227-4645 if available tomorrow. Wednesday and Saturday out as well, weddings etc.
Frances

Jan said...

I plan on walking tonight as long as the thunderstorms hold off - it looks lovely out there now and I've been inside all day so it would be good to get out.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

So, if we are not there by 7, don't wait for us. It looks threatening, so still not sure about walking yet.
Leverne and Lynne

Susan said...

What's the verdict? Want to give it a try - and stay close to Loblaws?

Kim said...

I am going to pass. Looks like it's raining.

Helen said...

Three of us are on our way.

Libby said...

I plan to be out tonight at Occasions...bringing Ruth with me! Hope the ran gods are on vacation.

Susan said...

I'll be there - I don't know if I'll recognize Ruth on a weekday walk - most unusual - glad that you'll both be joining our small but mighty mid-week group.

Helen said...

Planning to be at Occasions at 6:30 for 10K, if the weather gods permit.

Jan said...

I hope to be out tonight - not sure if I'll make 10K though - tirreedd....

Anonymous said...

If its not raining or threatening rain I plan to walk, not 10k though....
Lynne