Friday 19 May 2017

Walks - Saturday May 20 - Wednesday May 24

Art in the Park

These past few days have been hot and sunny with a gentle breeze - great for early morning or early evening walks. Join us on Saturday at Tim's. Let's meet at 8:00 am and walk whatever distance challenges you. Then coffee with friends - a great way to kick off the first long weekend of summer.

Those training: 
Divas - I understand that your race location is changing due to flooding on Toronto Island. Nevertheless, you still have to train - 20 km on Saturday - and I propose starting at 7:30 am given the distance. Weekday distances are 10 and 10 km
Niagara Women's - Margy (wherever you are) you need to do 16 km.
NYC - Susan & Libby need to do a mere 10 km on Sat - just a walk in the park that.

Sign in on the blog - especially to let others know if you are starting at 7:30 or 8:00 am.

Sunday walks begin at 8:30 am from the Running Room on Queen St.

Mid week walks - since Monday is a holiday, I suggest that we meet at 9:00 am at Tim's 2 - again, please sign in so that others will know your plans.

Wednesday evening walkers meet at Occasions at 6:30 pm - we had another great walk this week - consider joining us.

Announcements, Updates and Information:
1. Sporting Life last Sunday was a fun race and the Shore Things certainly walked well! It was fun to see a sea of bright orange race shirts headed down Yonge Street- 22,400 raising over a million $ for Camp Ooch. Great times: Ruth (1:16), Sheila (1:19), Libby (1:18), Arlene (1:24)- guided by Elaine. Well done ladies!

2. Who is doing the Women's College Race on June 10?  We have 7 names listed - anymore? Please let Charlotte know - she's arranging for coffee afterwards.

3. Sat. June 17 - Brandon Hill power race - consider this: there is a $5 discount code on registrations.  The code is STWALKER and will expire end-of-day on Saturday, May 27. This code only works on the Race Roster registration website above.  Here's the link: https://raceroster.com/events/2017/11102/brandon-hill-alumni-5km-10km-run-walk-for-education

4. There's a feature-length documentary playing in Toronto this weekend that might appeal.
It's called Boston: The Documentary and it's all about why we get out and pound the streets.

Enjoy the long weekend - summer is coming - Yippee!







25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arlene and I will be out for at least 10K.

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out at 7:30 for 20K.

I'll be in Taiwan next week, so will miss out on my 10 + 10. Don't know whether to be glad or sad.

Susan said...

i'll be out for 10k or so - see you then.

Helen said...

Change of plan. As Kim is the only one besides me/us doing 20K tomorrow, we'll walk from our house together. We'll start too early and finish too late for coffee with the group, anyway. Have a good walk!

Trish said...

I am away for both Saturday and Monday walks. Helen I'm glad you have a walking buddy. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be walking on Saturday for whatever distance is good at the time, pretty non committal eh! I also will walk on Monday at Tim's 2 starting at 9:00..Enjoy your time in Taiwan next week Helen!

Deanna said...

I will be out Saturday. Like Lou-Ann distance is up in the air.

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tomorrow but hope to join everyone for Monday's walk.
Lynne

Sharon KJ said...

Sorry that I won't be out tomorrow. May see you on Monday. Enjoy! SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday for a 5-6 km.

Barb Shand

Libby said...

I will be out to or row for 10.. Enjoy your whirlwind trip to Taiwan Helen

Eva said...

I will not be out Saturday and hopefully do the 20K on Monday. Have a safe trip Helen to Taiwan. Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8 and bring a friend.
Val

Jan said...

I'm on my way for 8-10

Anonymous said...

I plan to show up at Tim 2's on Monday -
Ruth

Jan said...

See you at 9 tomorrow at Tims2

Kim said...

Not walking tomorrow because I am walking with the Camino walkers. See you all Saturday.

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's 2 at 900 on Monday - looking forward to seeing some of you.

Jan said...

Anybody doing 20 today?

Jan said...

Just wondering seeing about planning routes - I'm not doing 20!

Anonymous said...

See you at 9 for 10ish, as long as no rain
Leverne

Susan said...

I plan to walk from Occasions tonight at 6:30 pm. Will I see you there? Hope so.

Anonymous said...

As long as it's not raining I plan to be out.
Lynne

Libby said...

I plan to walk from Occassions tonight

Jan said...

I'll be there