Thursday 11 May 2017

Walks - Sat. May 13 - Wed. May 17, 2017

Enjoyment at its best
Join us for a walk on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. I fear there may be a tad of rain but hey, we're used to that.  For those training, here are your distances for the week:
Divas:  18 km and 10 k plus 10 k during the week.  Almost race time!
NYC:  16 km and more during the week.
Niagara Women's - Marg is training while away (I think).

Other walks:  Sunday mornings at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Daytime during the week - check with Dawn.
Evenings - Monday night from Loblaws, meeting at 7:00 pm - please note the change of time for that Kim is able to join us. Barbara Brown may join us too occasionally.
Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm from Occasions.  On Wednesday this week, we had a great walk, great route, good pace, great friends.  Consider joining us!

Announcements and Information:
Best Wishes to Libby, Ruth, Dianne and Olwyn and the 23,000 others who are competing and completing Sporting Life on Sunday. 

Congratulations to Arlene and Elaine with a time of 3:03 in the Goodlife (last weekend) and to Dianne Broad with a time of 2:43..head wind and all!  Well done, ladies.

Announcement from Helen - Not really walking related, but - giving away 8 pairs of tickets to see this documentary, The Gardener, at the Hot Docs cinema:
http://www.torontogardens.com/2017/05/win-tickets-to-see-the-gardener-documentary.html/
All people have to do to enter is comment on the Toronto Gardens blog.



Perhaps a Shore Thing?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Will be at Tims tomorrow morning.

Dawn

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's hoping to walk with the Divas for some or all of their distance. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out in the morning.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day!!

Barb

Olwyn said...

I won't be out in the morning; working late again, and early tomorrow, but will get some distance in sometime next weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all!

Libby said...

I will not be out tomorrow. Did my 16k today and racing?? Sunday. Happy Mother's Day

Helen said...

Bob and I will be there for (gasp) 18K.

Trish said...

I will be walking on Sunday this week so that Cheryl can have some company for our 18k. Have a great weekend everyone. Good Luck to all those racing and a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in the group.

Eva said...

Happy Mother's Day to all. 😊 I will not be walking Saturday. Enjoying the weekend.

Barbara Brown said...

I will not be out tomorrow morning, Happy Mother's Day

Anonymous said...

I will be having a day of rest before the Sporting Life race on Sunday.
Enjoy your walk.
Sheila

Susan said...

I hope to be out Monday night at 7:00 pm but please don't wait for me if I am not there - I need to make a quick trip to Markham late in the afternoon - not 100% sure that I'll be back in time to join you.

Helen said...

I have to do 10K tonight -- any takers? If people don't want to do 10K, then Bob and I will walk to Loblaws for a 7 pm start, and the group can do 6K. If we have takers for 10K, then we'll arrive ready to go the full distance at 7.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm only up for 6 tonight guys.
Leverne

Helen said...

Kim's coming tonight, so Bob and I will do the 10K with her. Those wanting a shorter route can turn back earlier. See you at 7 at Loblaws.

Helen said...

I have routes planned for 6K and 10K from Loblaws.

Susan said...

I will be at Occasions tonight ready to do 10 km if that's the distance that Helen needs to do.

Helen said...

10K is the distance I need to do, Susan. I'll figure out a route that will allow people to turn back sooner, if they prefer. We talked about keeping to a 6:30 start for Wednesdays -- is that still the plan tonight?

Libby said...

www I plan to come to Occassions tonight for 6:30

Anonymous said...

it is 6:30 yes,
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be out for 10k - should we head to the beach to get the (hopefully) cool breeze off the lake?

Helen said...

I have a route (or routes) planned going down to the beach. Hopefully, it/they will be bug- and flood-free.

Anonymous said...

See you at 6:30!

Anonymous said...

I'm walking tonight. See you at 6:30!

Sylvia