Thursday 4 May 2017

Walks - Sat. May 6 - Wed. May 10

Oh, the distances we go....

Join us (after doing the rain dance) on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am.  Just do it - any distance is good. For those training, here are the proposed distances:
Niagara Half distance traing is 18k with 10K twice this week.
The Divas are scheduled for 16K with 10 and 8 during the week.
Susan and Libby have 10K on the books.

Let's support those training by walking with them - it all helps.

Best wishes to Arlene, Elaine and Dianne who are doing the Good Life Half this weekend. May the weather gods be kind.....  Would love photos from the race please.

Sunday walkers meet at Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am
Mid week day time walkers connect through Dawn for time and day.
Mid week evening walks are at 6:30 pm Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).  So nice to have Deanna, Sylvia and Viv join us on Wednesdays.

Sign the blog to let others know your walking plan - it is appreciated.

Announcements & Information:
from Rainer: who has just registered for Brandon Hill Alumni 5K 10K Run-Walk For Education 2017  Power Walk. Race date June 17.  Join Rainer and Margy by registering here
Considering a race?  Motivate and challenge yourself by setting a goal.  Let Libby and Susan know.  




24 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

I am away at a work conference on Friday/Saturday so will not be out. I hope there is some relief from the rain on Saturday. See you next week.

Libby said...

I intend to walk tomorrow with rain gear! Distance determined by the company!

Susan said...

I will only walk Saturday if it isn't raining - rushing off to docs afterwards & I want to be dry.

Helen said...

The thought of doing 16K in a deluge and wind is less than appealing. Will reserve judgement till tomorrow morning, but doing a little dance now and hoping the rainclouds pass.

Trish said...

I'm with Helen. Have been gathering up my gear but really don't want to start out in the cold and wet. Would be open to Sunday as I really want to get the distance in. I to will reserve judgement til morning (though I need to leave my house by 7:25) so any of you on the fence please post your thoughts early in morning. Thx.

Deanna said...

Will likely not walk in the morning unless the weather miraculously improves.

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. I love a rainy day but not if I am outside in it. SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

I have made an executive decision that I will be staying in bed at 6:30 as opposed to getting up and walking...wishing you dryness and safety if you are walking...
I met Norma in the grocery store tonight and she also made an executive decision but is going to the gym, not staying in bed like me!!!

Anonymous said...

I've got my rain gear out and it would be a shame to waste it!!!!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

With this rainy weather, I too will stay home.

Barb Shand

Eva said...

I love rainy days but with colds and sniffles, it is probably better to stay at home in bed. Safe walk tomorrow. Might walk on Sunday if not raining.

Anonymous said...

Because I have the dryer option I'm heading to the gym.
See you next time.
Sheila

Trish said...

Staying put. Just too cold and wet for me. If anyone wants to try tomorrow let me know. Stay dry everyone.

Helen said...

After much toing and froing we'll be there for a distance TBD

Susan said...

Not coming - sorry

Trish said...

I'd like to take credit for the rain holding off. Of course as soon as I say no the weather holds. Hope it wasn't too windy. Off to try and get some distance in myself.

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I can join you, if so.

Jan said...

I plan on coming out

Helen said...

Okay, I guess we'll be coming out, too.

For consideration, Kim has asked if we can change one of our evening walks back to 7 pm -- Monday is the day she says she's most likely to join us. Can we live with 7 pm on Mondays and 6:30 pm on Wednesdays, as a compromise?

Kim said...

I am in the car on my way home. Please go ahead. If I get home on time I'll join you.

Anonymous said...

Viv and I will be walking tonight!

Susan said...

Me too - see you there and then

Helen said...

I'll be walking from home to Occasions (and back), then hoping we can enjoy 8K together. It's a bit nippy, but otherwise lovely for a walk.

DeA said...

I will be walking. Deanna