Friday 28 April 2017

Walks - Sat. April 29 - Wed. May 3

Do I see mischief in these faces?

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Some of you have the choice of picking your distance; others are training and have a training schedule:
Goodlifer's - 12K; weekdays 6 and 5
Diva's- 14K - weekdays 10 & 8
Niagara Women's- 16k (although I believe Margy is away) - weekdays 10 & 8
Susan & Libby - 14K
Join in and walk whatever suits you and/or walk with those training to support their efforts.

Sunday morning walkers gather at 8:30 am at Running Room on Queen St.
Mid week day time walkers organize the day and time through Dawn.
Mid week evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm on Mondays (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).

Please note that the Hot Docs film festival has started which means that some folks will be walking to films instead of walking with us.  It really helps when folks sign in on the blog - just for others know your intentions.

Announcements and Information:  
1. Article from Helen sent to me to see if this gel would help my knee heal:  I found it effective — and you might, too. Sarah first recommended Voltaren gel to me, and I was skeptical till I did some research and found this review on Pain Science, which I trust. It has helped me.

2.  For inspiration, watch this very short clip of an "older" woman completing her distance.


To those who are ill or injured or going through treatment, please know that our thoughts are with you.  And, to anyone who is travelling, enjoy and be safe.

Vacations are the best


24 comments:

Susan said...

Iffy - My plans are not clear to me - I intend to be out tomorrow but the Hot Docs festival is keeping me up and out past my bedtime so I can't commit that the alarm clock will be set at all, let alone set correctly. Don't wait....

Anonymous said...

Not sure whether or not I'll be there,. But I'll try.......

Dawn

Helen said...

We'll be out… for 14K. Hope the weather smiles on us, and the gnats are on holiday.

Deanna said...

I will be out Saturday morning. Barb, do you need a ride?

Libby said...

I will be doing my 14K from home due to time commitments tomorrow.
See you next week

Olwyn said...

Working late tonight so I won't be out in the morning; will try to get my 14k in later in the day. Have a good walk everyone!

Jan said...

Still finding life very "taxing" so I won't be out tomorrow.

Trish said...

Gnats are definitely not on vacation, I would stay off the spit. I plan on being there for 14km.

Lou-Ann said...

Love those vacationers pretending to walk the beach! Maybe the north route or for the short distance walkers Queen Street browsing, sounds good...to avoid the gnats? See you in the morning ladies and gents...Love the photo of Helen and Sharon.

Eva said...

Not sure if I will be there. I plan to walk but not sure when or where, may explore some other routes. Although I like the idea of Lou-Ann of Queen St. browsing.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow - 14K sounds good.

Commiserations to everyone who is working hard and won't be out.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

What wonderful photos! I will not be out tomorrow due to a all day education event. Will truly miss my walk and walking buddies. Sharon

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow for a shorter distance. Yes, I'd like a ride - thanks Deanna

Barb Shand

Trish said...

I won't be joining you. Sore throat and trouble swallowing. Not a good combo for 14k. Have a good walk everyone.

Susan said...

I will be at Hot Docs on Monday evening (not walking in other words) but hope to be back in action on Wednesday.

Enjoy

Helen said...

Bob and I have a Hot Docs show on Monday, so won't be out (despite this tempting rainy weather!). See you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, just in case anyone thought I might be.
Leverne

Jan said...

I also have a doc tonight so I won't be out - still walking to the theatre Helen??!!

Helen said...

Ha! Jan, Noah and I will likely be setting off for the theatre, two-by-two via ark (aka TTC).

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful evening, too bad no-one wants to walk tonight....
Lynne

Deanna said...

Sylvia, Viv &I are planning to walk tonight.

Helen said...

Drat. I forgot we had a documentary tonight. We'll be walking to the Bloor cinema, so won't be out at Occasions. Hope you have a lovely walk! We *will* be out on Saturday, barring a deluge.

Susan said...

I'll be out for a walk tonight - looking forward to see you.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - Doc to go to.