Friday 21 April 2017

Walks - Sat. April 22 - Wed. April 26



Uxbridge

Walk with us on Saturday starting at 8:00 am at Tim's.  Niagara folks need to do 14 km; Divas are doing 12 km. Other folks have more options - choose what works for you. Pick an interesting route and enjoy. Coffee with friends follows the walk.

Mid week distances are 10 and 8 for both training groups.

Sunday morning, consider joining folks at the Running Room at 8:30 am for a slower paced walk.
Mid week day time walkers should connect through Dawn for the time and place.
Evening walkers gather on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm.

The Uxbridge Trail walk was a great outing (despite the rain later in the race). The course went through a forest and then took a path through the golf course. Very pretty and worth the drive to Uxbridge. The lunch provided was excellent. Consider this race for next year. Ruth and Libby had great times while Susan enjoyed the scenery at a slower pace.

Any other races that appeal?  Keep active; keep healthy.

For those who are injured or ill, we miss you and send you our best wishes for a speedy recovery.  And, to those who are travelling, be safe and enjoy. Can't wait to hear about your trips. I expect Stacey will sign us some Nashville country tunes on Saturday for us.







25 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday hoping to complete about 12 km but likely at a slower pace than normal.

Hope to see you then.

Charlotte said...

I also plan to be out but not for 12k, more like 6-7...

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow - aiming for 12 or 14K.

Ruth

Kim said...

Be out tomorrow for 12.

Helen said...

12K on Earth Day, has kind of a good ring about it. See you tomorrow.

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning. I plan to do a short walk and then enjoy the social part.

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out for 12k

Eva said...

Plan to join folks who are doing 12K (maybe at slower pace)
See you all.
Eva

Trish said...

I will be joining the group doing 12k in the morning.

Olwyn said...

I have to work tomorrow, so likely won't be out in the morning. Have a good walk and weekend!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out, not sure of the distance.
See you at 8:00.
Sheila

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning! Barb, I will come get you.

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning too for something short - thanks Sharon.

Barb Shand

Jan said...

Ill be out

Barbara Brown said...

I will not be out this morning. Have a good walk!

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight at 6:30 pm? Hope so - I can be there.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Helen said...

We're just Skyping with our youngest daughter, so our attendance at Loblaws will depend on how long that goes on. Will check in again shortly.

Bob said...

H and I will walk from home tonight. Too many things on the go.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Bob!!!!!!!

Helen said...

Anyone feel like walking 8K with me from Occasions on Wednesday? Looks like a nice night for it. I'll walk there and back to make up my required 10K.

Susan said...

I'll be at Occasions for a walk tonight.

Hope to see you there.

Helen said...

No one else coming? Looks like there's a chance Susan won't make it.

Jan said...

Crap - just looked at the time!

I would like a walk - need to get away from my desk for a while.

Susan said...

coming, coming.....