Thursday 13 April 2017

Walks - Saturday April 15 - Wednesday April 19

Congrats Olwyn - comments below

It is a long weekend and a great time to get out and walk. Join us at Tim's at 8:00 am. Distances are somewhat optional if you do not have a specific race in mind. However, for others, the required distance is listed below:
The Divas need to do 16 km on Saturday and 10 km & 8 km during the week.
Niagara Women's folk need to do 12 km on Saturday and 10 km & 8 km during the week
Good Life folk need to do 20 km on Saturday and 10 km & 10 km during the week

And, it is race day (ready or not) for Libby, Ruth and Susan who will be in Uxbridge doing the 10 km trail walk on Saturday - all the best to you.

Sunday - not sure if the Sunday (Easter) morning walkers are meeting at 8:30 at the Running Room on Queen St.  Deanna, Kim or Sylvia could likely tell you.

Monday is a vacation day for some - I'm going to suggest that we meet at Tim's 2 on Monday morning at 9:00 am. Please sign the blog so we'll know if you plan to walk.

Wednesday evening meet at Occasions at 6:30 - our usual time and place.

Mid week day time walkers should check with Dawn for the time and place.

Announcements and news:
from Olwyn:  The Spring Roster race was lovely, even the hill at the end didn't seem as steep as it used to be!  A perfect day for the 8k.   Lots of music along the route, and big crowds cheering everyone on at the start and finish.  I already plan to do it again next year!

from Libby: Please let Libby know if you have signed up for a race or are interested in signing up for a race. Check out some of the races listed on the main page of our website - also check to see if your name is listed below any races. We aim to have a current and accurate listing.
from Ruth:  Interesting article in The Star regarding the "new lake" at Ashbridge's Bay:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/04/11/is-the-ashbridges-bay-beach-disappearing.html



Enjoy the long weekend and any celebrations that you may celebrate...

23 comments:

Deanna said...

I will not be walking on Saturday morning. Too many people for dinner that night. Happy Easter everyone. The Running Room group will be walking on Sunday as usual.

Susan said...

I will not be at Tim's on Saturday - in Uxbridge doing the trail walk - slowly.

Happy Easter. Enjoy your walk and the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter everybody!
I will be in Frankenmuth, MI. for the weekend. See you next Saturday.
Val

P Dawn said...

I hope to join you at Tims for coffee on Saturday morning. I also hope to start walking again in a couple of weeks.

Happy Easter to everyone, and good luck to the bushwhackers on Saturday.

Olwyn said...

I plan to be out Saturday morning for a (gulp!) 16k! Hope the weather will be nice... Good luck to the bushwhackers ~ have fun! Happy Easter everyone!

Helen said...

See you Saturday for 16K.

Kim said...

I will be out Saturday for 16 k. Also at the running room at 8:30 Sunday (always a short slow walk) and at Tims2 on Monday (despite the questionable quality of the coffee).

Jan said...

I plan to be out tomorrow morning weather permitting! I am getting to be a fair-weather walker. According to the forecast the rain is due to start at 8 tomorrow morning....

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning for as Olwyn says 'gulp' 16k. Good luck to our racers this weekend. Happy Easter to all.

Sharon KJ said...

I will be working tomorrow. Happy Easter! I am game for a walk on Monday. SKJ

Stacey said...

I'll be walking tomorrow morning - but it will be around Memphis, Tennessee! Happy Easter everyone! See you when we are back.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be walking tomorrow morning - Toronto at Tim's...enjoy the Uxbridge friends...look forward to hearing about the race...short distance for me tomorrow...HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

Charlotte said...

I plan to be out tomorrow and also Monday. I have been slacking off recently! However, if it is pouring tomorrow, all bets are off.

Lou-Ann said...



Change of plans, I will not be walking Saturday but hope to see you Monday morning at Tim's two...Happy Easter to all...

Eva said...

My plan is to be out Saturday. I will try to walk as much as I can, 16K is a double big gulp for me, did not realized that being a diva is a lot of work (or walk) .. 😊 Happy Easter and wishing you happiness and blessings.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday morning and I'm back to work Monday.

Happy Easter everyone!!

Barb Shand

Trish said...

I plan to be out Monday morning to try and walk off some of my delicious Easter eating.

Helen said...

Unsure whether we'll be out at Tim's 2 -- it will depend on how late Bob plays tonight, warming up for next Saturday. Will confirm in the morning. (I'll be at the dentist in the evening. :(

Susan said...

Unable to join you this morning - babysitting grandson - going to the park instead. Enjoy.

Helen said...

We'll be there. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking tonight?
Leverne

Susan said...

Yes, I'll walk - but I'm slower these days with my (will it ever happen?) recovering knee
See you then

Helen said...

If it isn't raining, I'll be walking tonight. Will walk down from my place, so my group distance needs only to be 6K. Any pace, Susan.