Thursday 6 April 2017

Walks - Saturday April 8 - Wednesday April 12

And the winners are Rainer and Dianne - Congratulations

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. For some, the distance is whatever suits and challenges you Those training for Diva race are required to do 14K. Margie needs to do 16K for the Niagara Women's race. Olwyn plans to add 6K after her race . Anyone interested in joining her at the finish line and accompanying her along Bloor should let her know. I know she would appreciate the support. Weekday distances for race trainees are 10 and 8.  

Mid week day time walkers connect through Dawn. Evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). Please join us.

Race season has begun. Rainer and Dianne won the walkers division of the Beach Spring Sprint last weekend. This weekend on Saturday the Race Roster Spring Run-Off is in High Park. Olwyn, our stalwart race bunny will be competing in the 8K Race, We wish her all the best as she motors up those hills and does us proud! Next weekend is the Uxbridge Trail Run - Ruth, Libby and Susan will be showing their stuff.

Anyone else considering a race this season?  Please let Libby know.

See you Saturday.

With Attitude




20 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday - Margy, I'm interested in joining you for 16 km if I can keep up to you and if my knee doesn't complain too much.

Anonymous said...

I have to be in Lindsay tomorrow, sorry to miss the walk. It's supposed to be lovely weather, very hard to believe right now with the blowing snow.

Enjoy!
Sheila

P Dawn said...

I hope to join you for the coffee and chatting only. Not walking yet....

Olwyn said...

My Race Roster in High Park (formerly the Harry's Spring Run-off) starts at 10am tomorrow, so I should be crossing the finish line about 11:20am or so, depending on that b**** of a hill at the end of the race! Will probably walk back along Bloor Street to add the extra 6k on ~ fingers crossed that it's a warmer day than today!

Libby said...

Good luck Olwyn!
I plan to walk 10K tomorrow. anyone planning the route, please advise. Unfortunately I need to be back at Tim's by 9:30 - 9:45.

Trish said...

I will be out in the morning and looking for company for the 14K.

Helen said...

I'll be out for 14K tomorrow, but it won't be fast. See you at Tim's.

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning for a 4-5k.

Barb Shand

Lou-Ann said...

Olwyn enjoy the race...High Park is a lovely place for a race...I will see you at Tim's in the morning for whatever distance the gods "push" me to go...

Jan said...

I'll be out for I don't know how long.

Susan said...

Monday - I am not able to walk tonight - damn - the weather is so inviting. Have a great one.

I believe I am on babysitting duty but if that changes, I sign in again.

Jan said...

I hope to be out as long as the thunderstorms are done/hold off.

Helen said...

Ditto Jan's comment.

Kim said...

I walked this morning with the Camino walkers so I'' not coming out tonight. Also, I am walking home Wednesday, so not coming out then. See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight, barring rain
Leverne

Anonymous said...

ME too.

Anonymous said...

That's Lynne. 😜

Susan said...

I plan to walk tonight and would be delighted to have your company at 6:30, at Occasions.

Helen said...

As I need to do 10K one night this week, I'll be walking down (1K) to Occasions for an 8K starting at 6:30, then walking back again (another 1K, with a hill!). Bob and Jan are both away. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I'll walk as long as it's not raining
Leverne