Friday 30 June 2017

Walks - Canada Day, Saturday July 1 - Wednesday July 5

Red & White Celebratory Tulips

Find something red and white to wear and join us on Canada Day for a walk followed by coffee with friends - great start to the day, the long weekend and the 150th birthday bash for our country. Tim's at 8:00 am and the distance is up to you. 

For those training, Scotia and NYC marathon racers are scheduled for 20 km and have chosen to do the distance on Sunday. Margy - are you training for a 10 milers in July?  If so, want to join us on Sunday?

Week day walks:
Monday is likely a holiday for many - let's meet at Tim's 2 at 9:00 am.
Wednesday at Occasions at 6:30 pm.  Distance can be your choice unless you are training - 8 km and 10 km are scheduled for those folks. Please sign the blog so that others know your plans.

Best wishes to those who are ill, injured, recovering from surgery or medical procedures or are heading for treatments - we're sending healing hugs your way. Hope to see you soon. Please take care.

Announcements and Information:
1. The Shore things annual Pool Party - save the date - July 29th (rain date July 30th) - thanks to Lou Ann and Paul - more information to follow in the weeks ahead.

2. This article has tips on training in the heat....a good reminder:
https://www.realbuzz.com/articles-interests/running/article/how-to-train-in-the-heat/

Eileen taking advantage of the Toronto sign




19 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you at Tim's Saturday morning and Tim's 2 Monday morning...I think Eileen is in the "O" of Women's at Women's College Hospital ...but the "O" in Toronto is good too!

Charlotte said...

I am also in for Saturday and Monday walks, weather permitting.

Eva said...

I will not be able to walk on Saturday. Enjoy the walk.

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday or Monday. I'm on the train to Ottawa as I type. Have a gray Canada day weekend everyone

Trish said...

Hope it's Great not gray.

Joan said...

Might make it but might not. Late night. Don't wait for me. Happy Canada Day.

Kim said...

I plan to be there for Saturday and Monday. Alas, I do not have a Canada Day walking wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

I will be out this morning for a 3 km walk

Barb S

Helen said...

As you might have guessed, Bob and I are taking the morning off. Thanks to everyone for making our doubly momentous occasion so memorable last night. And happy Canada Day!

Susan said...

I will not be at Tim's 2 on Monday morning - heading out at 7:00 am to do hills with Ruth & Dianne. We are the training ones.

Have a great walk.

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to be at Tim's 2 on Monday at 9 am for a yet-to-be-determined distance. Maybe 8K-ish?

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's 2 tomorrow morning too.

Barb S

Anonymous said...

I'll beat Tim's 2 too.
Val

Helen said...

All dressed and ready to go, but Bob has a flat tire. Well, his scooter does, not him. We'll walk locally and catch you next time.

Helen said...

Is anyone walking on Wednesday evening? I have a feeling all our usual suspects might have walked in the morning. Bob and I are still game, but if we have no companions we'll walk from home tonight.

Susan said...

I think I'll skip tonight - going for 22 km Thursday at 5:30 am so enough is enough.

Also away at a Dragon Boating regatta on Saturday so will miss the Saturday walk too.

Helen said...

Thanks for letting us know, Susan. I'll check in at around 6 pm, and if no one has signed in we'll walk locally.

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I are walking tonight.
Lynne

Helen said...

As it's just the four of us, we'll be walking from our house. See everyone else on Saturday.