Thursday 2 March 2017

Walks - Saturday March 4 - Wednesday March 8

Wednesday Women

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am - it may be a tad nippy!  The distance is whatever distance you choose to go...just get outside and walk.

Those training for the Good Life half (Arlene and Elaine) need to do 14 km and then 10 and 8 during the week.

Other walking options:
1. Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
2. Evenings at 6:30 pm - Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).
3. Daytime Wednesday walkers (and what a fine looking group they are) connect through Dawn regarding time and place.
Please sign in - it helps others to know your plans.

Announcements:  Congratulations to Sharon on becoming a Grandma. Please bring photos...

from Libby: Only a few people have signed up for races this year so the race coordinator has a slow job! Anyone interested in signing up for half marathon or full- please let Libby know. Remember, the endurance of training keeps us healthy and more importantly, strengthens our bones! There is still time to sign up for spring and fall races both locally and afar!

Libby was kind enough to add: happy trails and safe travels to Susan and Ruth who are heading off on their hiking (and travel) adventure. We know you are going to love those hills.

To those travelling, safe travels and enjoy - we look forward to hearing stories about your adventures.
To those injured or ill, take care - we miss you.

My thanks to Helen who will be doing the blog for the next two weeks while I'm away.






17 comments:

Trish said...

I plan to be out Saturday morning and bringing Dawn with me!

Deanna said...

I will be out Saturday morning. Congratulations Sharon.

P Dawn said...

Love those Wednesday morning strollers!! Yes, willl be there with Trish.

Libby said...

I plane to be out tomorrow. Anyone interested in some hills?

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out Saturday with NO hills!

Charlotte

Olwyn said...

Planning to be out in the morning; see y'all then!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow and I will bring Barb S. with me. I may try some hills. We'll see.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out too, but No hills for me. Thanks Sharon

Barb Shand

Helen said...

Bob and I will see you at Tim's on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

It's supposed to be cold in the morning so I'm going to give walking a miss tomorrow.
Lynne

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tomorrow...congrats Grandma Sharon, hope everyone is doing fine..love the photo of the Wednesday walkers, just a bit confusing though...Charlotte with a scarf and Dawn in a thin jacket, what is wrong with this picture????? Happy trails Ruth and Susan!

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's this morning.
Congratulations to new Grandma Sharon.
Wishing Ruth and Susan a great adventure.

Sylvia

Helen said...

Change of plans. Bob is sick and I might not make it. If I'm not there by, don't wait for me.

Helen said...

By 8, I mean

Kim said...

Not walking today because I'm going to a Camino talk this morning. Have a good walk.

Helen said...

Bob's still coughing, so won't be out on Monday. I'll try to do my walk during the day, to avoid the rain.

See you on Wednesday, I hope.

Helen said...

Unfortunately I won't be out on Wednesday. Not sure about Bob. I have caught his cold, and am in the worst early stage.