Friday 10 March 2017

Walks: Sat. March 11 to Wed. March 15

Those Wednesday morning gals, looking colourful
Sorry, everyone! Between a bad cold and Canada Blooms commitments, I let my first post for Susan get away from me. Here's a quick late post to let everyone sign in for tomorrow.

Uxbridge Half and Goodlife Half both have 16K on the schedule for Saturday. The rest of us might choose something a bit shorter. Monday and Wednesday, the training distances are 10K and 8K for both, respectively.

Any distance is better than no distance. (Unless you're volunteering at Canada Blooms, like me.) Please sign in to let people know if you'll be out. I can't stress how useful this is!

Race notes from Libby:
Congrats to Eva for committing to the Diva Half race in June to keep Olwyn company [Ed: And now we can add Helen and Kim to that list!]. Ladies, your race training begins next weekend with a mere 8K scheduled. 
With spring around the corner, do consider a short local race (options include Uxbridge, Sporting Life, Race Roster and Whitby) to keep us moving! 
As usual, please let me know if any races of interest you have signed up for! Arlene and I are still looking for company for the Army Half in September!
And, on that point, from Rainer: 
The Beach Spring Sprint is just around the corner ... nice fun event with a BBQ on deck of the Balmy Beach Club ... separate walker start ...

Another local race to consider!

16 comments:

Helen said...

I'll be at Canada Blooms on Saturday -- sorry to miss the walk. Have a good one! See you next week.

Trish said...

Happy March Break everyone! I won't be out for the next two Saturdays. Heading out to Vancouver tomorrow. Slightly warmer than here but very wet. Have a good walk.

Libby said...

Congrats to Helen, Kim and Eva for signing up for the Divas half.
I hope to be out tomorrow but weather looks rather grim. I need to walk 10K!

Sharon KJ said...

As long as weather permits, I will out for a walk in the morning. Barb, same time, same place. Have a wonderful March break to all that are able to get away and to those like me who are staying put.

Anonymous said...

I too will be out in the morning for a short walk. Thanks Sharon.

Barb Shand

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tomorrow...I'm on March Break...no sure what that means other than no school for me...however I am taking a break tomorrow, however hope to see you next week...happy walking friends!

Anonymous said...

I am not walking tomorrow, it's too cold. Bundle up those of you who will be out.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out while Helen enjoys the flowers at Canada Blooms. Jan?

Bob

Jan said...

Sorry - weather is too cold for me - need to build up my immunity to it again! Also jet-lagged and not sleeping normally.

Anonymous said...

I may walk locally later today. Have a good one.

Bob

Jan said...

Since it's March break is anyone walking during the day today? Snow is scheduled to start at 11

Helen said...

Between my cold/cough, Canada Blooms, and the weather, I don't think you'll see me much this week. Can't walk on Monday, and unfortunately can't walk Wednesday morning (Bob might be able to).

I'll check in later to see about walking Wednesday, later in the day. I might be able to walk earlier than 6:30... TBD.

Jan said...

Changed my mind - I feel like I'm coming down with a cold and I'm certainly allergic to this cold weather so I am definitely not walking tonight.

Jan said...

Just read in the paper that Ed Whitlock died - remarkable man.

Jan said...

NOT WALKING TONIGHT - TOO @#$&+) COLD! CALL ME A WIMP!!!!!

Helen said...

Sorry, folks. The only walking I'll be doing tonight is back to bed.