Thursday 16 March 2017

Walks: Sat. March 18 to Wed. March 22

A walk with friends, then coffee after? Priceless.
From Libby:

Training this weekend starts for the Diva Half racers (June 11 on the Islands) – that's Olwyn, Helen, Eva and Kim so far! (Any others tempted by tutus and boas?) It's an easy 8K on Saturday, with 6K and 8K required during the week.

The Uxbridge Halfers are still travelling/just returning home, so no need to post distances.

Reminder: This week (Wednesday) starts the sign-up for the Beaches Spring Sprint to be held April 1. Just a 5K run/walk for a $25 fee, in our usual walking nabe. Registration's in person (info in link above) by cash or cheque.

Welcome back world travellers, and get well quick anyone who (like me) are sick or on the mend. Come one, come all ye able-bodied for our last Saturday walk of the winter. Looks like spring might have decided to come out of hiding.

P.S. If anyone would like a complimentary ticket to Canada Blooms/Home Show, Helen has five to give away. First come, first served. Show's on till Sunday.

Great Winter Stations shot from Norma

22 comments:

Olwyn said...

Love the bunny ears on Nishe! I'll be out Saturday morning for an 8k; hoping for a warmer day, and some sunshine!

Jan said...

I hope to be out too before I forget how to walk! Hope it's warmer though.

Trish said...

I won't be out as I don't get home til late Saturday evening. Have managed to clock in a few km's and hills this week. Lots of rain but the tulips and crocuses are blooming. Have a good walk everyone.

Helen said...

I hope to be out for a slow 8K to kick off my Diva training.

Deanna said...

I will be out Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

I too will be out Saturday morning.

Barb Shand

Libby said...

I have 14K on my schedule this week and will not make it down tomorrow.See some of you Sunday

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday...enjoy the warm weather!

Eva said...

I won't be out Saturday. Got the stuffy nose and head colds.Have a great walk. 😊

Bob said...

Who is out tonight?

Jan said...

I need to get back into the swing - cold feels better today so I have no excuse except laziness.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight too.
Leverne

Susan said...

I think I'll pass this week. I've been nursing a sore knee and want to rest it with the hope of a speedy recovery.

Wednesday night I'm going to a class so won't be walking. Hope to be back in action for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Not walking tonight, came home early with a nasty headache.
Lynne

Bob said...

Helen is still hacking away so she will miss but I will be there.

Jan said...

Since it's just the 3 of us do you want to walk in our neighbourhood (she said selfishly)??

Jan said...

Anybody planning on walking tonight? I have't been out at all today - looks nice!!! but I know it's colder than it looks.

Anonymous said...

This is my usual message, won't be out tonight, too cold, see you in the summer!
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jan, not tonight for me
Leverne

Susan said...

As mentioned, I won't be out tonight. Sore knee. I'm trying a yoga class instead of pounding the pavement.

Helen said...

Forgot to say I'm giving a garden talk on Wednesday. See you on the weekend!

Jan said...

Guess I'll just have to stay home and stay warm.....