Friday 27 January 2017

Walks - Saturday Jan. 28 - Wednesday Feb. 1

Threatening but Beautiful

Join us at Tim's on Saturday at 8:00 am for whatever distance you choose. This is the last week of "distance freedom" - training for the Good Life starts next week. Nevertheless, I encourage you to walk far and walk often - take advantage of our atypical January weather.

A quick comment (and best wishes) to those ill, injured or recovering - we are thinking of you and we miss you. Join us whenever you are able to do so.  

And, to those who are travelling or about to do so - enjoy, be safe, and bring back stories to share.

Announcements: from Dawn - Brunch at TKOs - any interest? Dawn has offered to arrange brunch (if there is enough interest) but we need to know how many plan to attend. Aiming for a weekend in late Feb or late March - cost last year was $18 (just so you have an idea). Please let Dawn know this week or reply in the blog - whatever is easier for you. Yummy - bacon! Sign me up.

from K-W walking classic - this race has been cancelled permanently - the organizers were unable to find a sponsor(s) to support their work and the race - volunteer functions are often not sustainable. Sorry to see this race come to an end. Many Shorethings enjoyed this annual race.

from Libby in Africa:
just another lazy day


21 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to join you for coffee.

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out for a walk in the morning. I would love to join the TK crowd in a few weeks time, thanks Dawn! I am sure Ian would too!

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow.

SKJ

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday.

Olwyn said...

I'll be out in the morning at 8 for an 8k. And Dawn, brunch at the end of March would also be great; thanks for organizing! I love the picture of Libby's 'friend' relaxing in a tree!

Susan said...

Planning to be there on Saturday - looking forward to seeing you then and to getting some distance done!

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning for a short walk.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Will be out for coffee and then walk home..will do my long walk at the Robbie on Sunday!
Margy

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lou-Ann said...

Hope to see you walking tomorrow `Shore Things`...missed last week`s blog...nice coffee Dawn & Charlotte...

Ruth said...

I'll be out - my office mate brought mango cheesecake in today, so I really need to do some walking. Right now I'm feeling rather like the cat in Libby's photo.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8, brunch in march would be great.
Leverne

Trish said...

I won't be out on Saturday. Robbie Burns on Sunday. We are going early Saturday and doing a bit of marathon shopping in Niagara Falls. Bruch at TKO's sounds great. Thanks Dawn.

Jan said...

I'll be out for a short walk. And brunch in late March would be great - if it's in February I'll have to pass.

Jan said...

Hmm - just looked at the forecast - going to be windy tomorrow - time for the north route??

Anonymous said...

I'll be out for the usual 6km walk.
Val

Kim said...

I am not walking this morning. I have a cold and a serious desire to sleep. Have a great walk.

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I can meet you if so......

Helen said...

We won't make it to Loblaws tonight. Walking early from home. Hope to see you Wednesday.

Susan said...

I'll also walk from home then.

Wednesday night is Doc Soup, so I won't be walking Wednesday night....just fyi.

Have a good week.

Helen said...

Forgot all about Doc Soup! I'll be going on Wednesday, too, but hope to walk to the cinema from home. Let me know if you'd like to join me.