Friday 20 January 2017

Walks - Saturday Jan. 21 - Wednesday Jan. 25

Morning coffee?
Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's - take advantage of a walk in January without snow. Distance is of your choosing. Ruth and Susan would like company for 12 km with a hill or two.

Mid week walks - Sundays at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Monday at Loblaws and Wednesday at Occasions - both evenings at 6;30 pm.
Day time walkers (mid-week) connect through Dawn.

Do you have a challenge for 2017? Shall we start a list of those who are walking 150 kms per month to celebrate Canada's 150th?  

Anyone interested in walking 2017 km (or miles) in 2017?

Announcements: Dawn would like to know if people are interested in brunch at TKO's again this year. She would be happy to organize it - please let her know - timely would likely be later Feb.  I can smell the bacon already....

Any races that interest you?  I'm checking with the Uxbridge Trail run to see how long the course is open for the half marathon - will let you know. Anyone considering Camino might think of Uxbridge Trail run as a training event.

Several folks are travelling - be well and be safe - enjoy too.
And, to those who are injured or ill, we miss you and send you our best wishes.

My favourite bunny - I named her Mags after her creator

17 comments:

Susan said...

I always see my typos after I push "publish" and finish my morning coffee - please auto correct while you read.

I'll be out Saturday for 12 km or so. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I'll be skiing, Horseshoe, this time.
Yes, the morning coffee looks good to me.
Have a great walk.
Val

Eileen said...

I'll be there on Saturday to do a few km. I've also signed up for the Shoppers 5k in June along with several others.

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Enjoy!

SKJ

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be out in the morning, not sure about distance! Looking forward to seeing you all.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't join you tomorrow. More work done on my tfoot today so will not be walking for a while.

Dawn

Olwyn said...

I'll be out in the morning at 8 for 8! Fingers crossed for nice weather. Val, have fun skiing; and Eileen, welcome back!

Trish said...

Once again, all things being equal, I plan to be out in the morning. It's 3:30 now so hoping nothing comes up to interfere between now and then. Hoping for 8k.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday. 8K sounds good to me, but I might be convinced to go further.

Ruth said...

I love the bunny - she's almost as lovely as the two women holding her.

Someone seems to have signed me up for 12K with hills tomorrow morning.

Have a wonderful time, Val. Sending best wishes to Dawn - tell your doctor to take good care of you.

Ruth

P.S. And yes, Dawn, I'm interested in a trip to TKO's.

Susan said...

Change of plans - won't be out in the morning - enjoy your walk.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out walking this morning. I may drop by for tea.

Barb

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking from home on Monday evening. Hope to see you all on Wednesday.

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I can be there!

Anonymous said...

Susan, not walking tonight.
Leverne

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I could go or I could read, by the fire, with wine .....

But really, I could and should go.

Helen said...

As long as it isn't actively raining, I need the walk. Though that fire and wine sounds tempting...