Thursday 12 January 2017

Walks - Sat. Jan. 14 - Wed. Jan. 18

Are these two up to mischief?

Happy New Year to all....

Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's. Pick your distance; enjoy your walk; and then enjoy some coffee with friends. Formal training doesn't begin until the end of January when the Good Life folks need to begin.

Mid week walks - for day time walks, contact Dawn.
Monday evening (Loblaws) at 6:30 pm and Wednesday evening (Occasions) at 6:30 pm. Join us please for these evening walks - we are a small group in need of a few more walkers.

Announcements:  Have you started a challenge for 2017?  Are you up to walking 150 kms per month during Canada's 150th anniversary?

Will you challenge yourself to walk 2017 km in 2017?

Do you have a challenge idea to share?

from Rainer: The Robbie Burns race is quickly selling out. It is only 8 km and a race that many have enjoyed in previous years.

from Susan:  Any interest in the Uxbridge trail run (distances of 21, 10, 5 km) - beautiful country side - rates go up Jan. 31.  Libby is signed up; Susan will sign up and what about you?  April 15, 2017.

Thanks to Helen for posting the blog for the past two weeks.

If you are travelling, be safe and enjoy.

I tried to warn her ....

21 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's tomorrow morning for a short walk. and, surprise visitor - Cynthia will be coming too....

Olwyn said...

Welcome back Susan! I won't be out in the morning, have had late nights all week, so need to get some zzzzz's ~ will get in a walk later in the day. Hi to Cynthia; hope to see you next time!

Olwyn said...

Love that delightful photo of Jan! ;-)

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be at Tim's in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out in the morning. Barb, I will pick you up at the regular time and spot.

SKJ

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday and hoping to do at least 12 km - I'll need encouragement and company.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I will be out on Saturday, for a short walk with Dawn. Thanks Sharon

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

If it is not too cold in the morning I plan to come out for a shortish walk.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I can't promise to be encouraging, but I can promise to do 12K tomorrow.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

Won't be out Saturday...enjoy your walk friends...yes, what are David and Norma up to??? Plan to see you next week...

Eileen said...

I'm finally back in the game! I'll be out Saturday to do a few km. Very exciting!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.


Helen said...

Welcome back, Eileen! We'll be out tomorrow for at least 10K.

Susan said...

Just signing in to say that I won't be walking Monday night - going to Blue Monday Cineplex special instead! Poor excuse but I can't resist a free movie. Enjoy your walk.

Helen said...

If no one else signs in to walk from Loblaws tonight/Monday, Bob and I might end up walking from home. Please speak up if you prefer our usual spot!

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I are walking tonight and possibly Barbara
Leverne

Jan said...

I'm home and ready to walk from wherever, whenever!

Helen said...

Okay, see you at Loblaws at 6:30.

Susan said...

Yes, I'll walk tonight - with company - hope to see you later.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight Susan.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Occasions at 6:30.