Thursday 1 December 2016

Walks - Saturday Dec. 3 - Wednesday Dec. 7

Heading to the start line in Montreal

Folks - winter is coming - just saying - join us for a walk now before the snow and ice are upon us.  Saturday, at 8:00 am, at Tim's for the distance of your choosing. Some of us will do 10 km; others will do less.  It is good for whatever ails you! 

A few folks have been missing in action for a while or a long time - we'd love to see you soon - a few names come to mind - no last names, of course - but it would be great to Alexis, Frances, Carol, Cheryl, Rob....I'm going to stop there but you get the idea...no questions asked once you return. We miss you.

It was great to have Ian join us again last week - so good to see you, Ian.

Mid week walks are as follows:
1. Sunday mornings at 8:30 am at Running Room on Queen St.
2. mid week day time walkers - contact Dawn for information.
3. mid week evening walkers - 6:30 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).

This Wednesday (Dec. 7) is also Doc Soup - some evening walkers will be missing in action - good idea to check the comments on the blog before heading out.

It is always helpful and appreciated if you sign in and let others know your intentions.

To Rainer and Margy - we're thinking of you these days. Hope to see you on Saturday.

Announcements from Libby:  Check the Race Interest list on the website - a few people have signed up for 2017 races already - great prices when registering far in advance of race date.

Trish and friends are kicking off 2017 with the Robbie Burns 8K
Olwyn has commited to two races so far- Spring Roster and Diva's Race
Libby and Arlene have registered for the 10th anniversary Ottawa Army Race in September. This race sells quickly so do commit if at all interested. 
The Toronto Waterfront 10K in June has a well-supported walking division and registration is now open for this race. Dates and info are on the blog sidebar.
Your name and race(s) go here .......  Just let Libby know!




22 comments:

Olwyn said...

Love the photo of everyone with the snowmen! I'll be out at 8 in the morning, for a distance to be determined, and a coffee for sure!

Barbara Brown said...

I plan to be out tomorrow at 8am. See you then!

Helen said...

I'll be out tomorrow at Tim's. See you then!

Also, why did no one send me this picture from the Montreal Race for our 2017 calendar??? I've got to get you better trained!

Ruth said...

Love the snowmen picture. We sure look cold at the start of the Montreal race. Helen - we'll just have to get the 2018 calendar to see pictures of the Montreal race!!

I'll be out tomorrow at 8.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning. Barb Shand, happy birthday! I'll pick you up at the regular spot at the regular time.
SKJ

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tomorrow as I'm currently north of the city...
Lynne

Susan said...

I'll be out in the morning and aiming to do 10 km. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow too. Thanks Sharon.

Barb Shand

Libby said...

I will be out in the morning....

Deanna said...

See everyone in the morning.

Anonymous said...

See you in the morning
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the condolences and kind comments about my brother's passing. It is appreciated
Rainer

Joan said...

Going to bed now so I can get up and out for 8am at Tim's. 6-7k would be fine for me.

Anonymous said...

i plan to walk tonight, is anyone joining me?
Leverne

Jan said...

I will be out

Susan said...

Yes - I'll be there too. Looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I will not be joining you. Think I overdid things at the weekend.
Lynne

Barbara Brown said...

Ian and I are going to join you. It may be a short walk for us!

Susan said...

wonderful - looking forward to seeing you both - At Loblaws at Vic Park (1 st. north of Gerrard)

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Loblaws.

Susan said...

Not walking tonight (Wed) due to Doc Soup. See you Saturday

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Doc Soup on Wednesday -- see you at Tim's on the weekend.