Friday 9 December 2016

Walks - Saturday Dec. 10 - Wednesday Dec. 14, 2016

Walking the Spit

Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's for a brisk walk or a short stroll - whichever suits your mood. Distances will vary between 6 - 10 km. It is a great way to clear your head, burn a few calories and chat with friends.

Mid week walks are:
Sunday at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) at 6:30 pm - was great to have Barb and Ian join us last week. Glad to have you two in the 'hood.
Day time walkers - check in with Dawn for the details.

Challenges: Last January, a few signed up to complete one of two challenges. As the year draws to a close, it is time to let us know (Libby or Susan) how you did. Rumour has it that a few fell off the challenge wagon - yes, that happens - but we'd like to hear from those who continued to work towards your chosen goal. And, we applaud all who took on the challenges.

Any ideas for challenges for 2017?  Let us know - it is motivating (for some) to have a goal.

To those who are travelling, be safe and enjoy! A few folks have just returned and we'd love to hear your travel stories and recommendations.  And, to those who are injured or ill or recovering, we miss you and wish you the very best.

Announcements: from Libby:  Robbie Burns - January 29, 2017 - consider entering this event to keep you walking in January. Sells out quickly: registration info: https://raceroster.com/events/2017/10293/robbie-burns-8k-road-race-2017

Don't forget that the winter months are the best months to join us - if you have been missing in action,  we'd love to see you again.

Well Deserved Celebration


27 comments:

Olwyn said...

I love the celebratory photo study of 'medal with wine'; delightful! I'll be out in the morning for 8; only doing 6k, as I have to get home early. See everyone then!

Libby said...

Great photos. I'll be out tomorrow with arlene. Distance TBD

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday - looking forward to seeing everyone.

Susan

Trish said...

I am planning to be out in the morning. 6-8k

Sharon KJ said...

What a crowd on the bridge! I'll see you in the morning. I will bring Barb with me.

SKJ

Helen said...

Bob's recovering from a stomach virus, which I'm hoping I won't get. If the fates smile upon us, we'll be at Tim's -- and maybe this time I'll even remember to bring the calendars for those last eager few.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be out too - thanks Sharon.
Barb Shand

Joan said...

I might be out, I have to be somewhere and have to figure out the logistics. If I show up will be for 6k

Ruth said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning - dressed warmly!

Ruth

Barbara Brown said...

I am hoping to be out but have a sore throat etc. So please don't wait for me but am hoping to be out. End of school term effects!

Hopefully see you all in the morning!


Trish said...

I am reneging on my walk this morning. Like Barbara, a sore throat has taken hold. Honey and lemon and back to bed for a few hours. Have a good walk.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Yes, I'd like to walk tonight with company. Anyone planning to be out?

Anonymous said...

I will not be out this evening.
Lynne

Susan said...

Change of plans - going downtown instead to get some shopping done. I'll walk from store to store - does that count?

Helen said...

Sure it counts, Susan. If no one signs in for Loblaws, we might walk locally instead. Will check in closer to walk time.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to walk, just not sure about how slippery it is out
Leverne

Helen said...

Yeah, I just went out to check and there are definitely icy patches – the melted snow is starting to freeze. Not enough snow on the routes, so it isn't Yaktrax weather yet.

Jan said...

Call me a wimp but I'm going to bow out tonight - got work piling up also and feeling a bit stressed about it.

Helen said...

Okay, the consensus from our house is that it's a tad too slippery to risk a walk tonight. Staying in. If it keeps up this way for winter 2016/17, it might be time to go back to the dome at Monarch Park.

Jan said...

Just went outside and thought it wasn't so bad - until I looked at the school flag - it's out straight. I could use the walk, but I'm chicken!

Helen said...

I'm willing to bundle up for a short walk. We can pick a sheltered route?

Susan said...

I am game to walk especially if we take a sheltered route. Count me in - if others are going, I'll join you.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight or for the next week or so. If you go out tonight bundle up!
Lynne

Anonymous said...

It is most unpleasant out, so although loathe to do so, I am passing on tonight
Leverne

Jan said...

What if we do just the Love Crescent route? Or we could go across Coxwell and just go up and down the side streets between Gerrard and Dundas - that way if we got too cold we could just head back? Do Rhodes, Craven, Ashdale, Hiawatha, Woodfield, Highfield, Hertle, Billings, Greenwood then straight back along Gerrard - just over 5. Or if we want to avoid Gerrard keep going north on Highfield and circle back on Fairford - just short of 5.

Helen said...

I'm willing if you are, Jan.