Thursday 22 December 2016

Walks - Saturday Dec. 24 - Wednesday Dec. 28, 2017

Joy to all throughout the season

Somehow, the Christmas season is upon us again!  Join us on Saturday for a short seasonal stroll and quick coffee to get you in the Christmas spirit. We'll meet at 8:00 am at Tim's. Join us if you can. Would love to see you....

Monday's walk is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am at Tim's 2 (Vic Park and Gerrard). Great way to burn off a few of those calories.  

Wednesday's walk is scheduled at 9:00 am at Occasions. Join us! Sign in so that others will know your plans.

If you celebrate Christmas, we wish you a wonderful holiday season. 

Announcements: from Libby - we know that some of you are too busy to think about races in 2017 - however, consider a few options for the spring (and we'll remind you, again, in January):
1.  Hair of the Dog - Balmy Beach Club - Jan. 1, 2017 - great way to clear your head and start the new year.  Only 3 or 9 kms - you pick.

2. The Uxbridge Half Marathon on April 15th. A great way to kick off the spring. Check out the link at  www.uxbridgehalfmarathon.ca , also a link on the blog. There are three categories, Half Marathon race plus walk only categories for 10 and 5 K distances on trails!!! It looks really interesting. Libby has signed up for the 10 K; Susan is almost committed to doing the half but is waiting for company....

3. May 7 - Goodlife Half

4 May 14 - Sporting Life 10 k

How can you resist with such options. Let's do it!

To those who are travelling, be safe, be well and enjoy!
To those who are injured and/or ill, we miss you; we wish you the best and a better 2017. 
To those who are MIA, please join us soon.

Happy holidays everyone.






27 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be joining you at Tim's tomorrow morning, but wanted to wish everyone Merry Christmas and all the very best for the New Year which is almost upon us. Be safe, keep warm, and I;ll see you all in 2017.

Eva said...

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May you have lots of blessings and happiness throughout the year. Hopefully I will be out walking more in 2017. See you next year. Big hugs, Eva

Joan said...

I am hoping to be out in the morning. First day i have felt human for ages, so sick of this cold but need to move. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out in the morning; too much Christmassing to do! I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and all the best for the New Year! Be safe and see everyone soon!

Helen said...

I'd love to come out for a walk on Xmas eve, but it will depend partly on weather conditions and partly on whether our usual kind chauffeurs are going. Will check in in the morning. Meantime, this is to wish everyone a lovely Christmas and Hannukah, or any celebration you prefer to celebrate! Cheers!

Sharon KJ said...

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and splendid New Year to all! I won't be out tomorrow and I am away as of December 28. The new year will soon be upon us and It holds lots of promise. See you after January 7! SKJ

Ruth said...

I plan to be out tomorrow morning, even if it is just to talk to myself. There have been far too many festive cookies and candies at work lately.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Ruth

Libby said...

I plan to walk for a short one tomorrow. Happy holidays to all who cannot join us and to everyone best wishes for the holidays and for a healthy and prosperous New Year

Susan said...

I plan to be out on Saturday for a short walk. Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Joan said...

In my hope of being well I said yes, not so sure now, not feeling great, start without me! Hopefully see you next week somewhere. Merry Christmas to all.

Anonymous said...

Helen, I can get you guys in the morning, see you at 7:50 if Jan isn't going.
Leverne

Helen said...

Thanks, Leverne. Will confirm in the a.m.

Trish said...

I won t be out this morning. while throat has returned more or less to normal I am somewhat behind in my Christmas prep. I will get my distance in running around gathering things up this morning. I am hoping to be out on both boxing day and Wednesday, For those travelling be safe! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and Hanukkah.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out this morning. I hope to be out on Boxing Day provided the rain can hold off. Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will head over at 7:30 if the weather clears. If not happy holidays to all and best wishes for 2017.
Sheila

Jan said...

I am looking at the weather and my list of things to do today and thinking I'll pass on the walk. Merry Christmas or happy whatever-you-celebrate everyone. Sharon have a super holiday and bring us back some sunshine!

Helen said...

Someone must have been singing "I'm Dreaming of a Wet Christmas"! Leverne has texted me to say she isn't coming, so we'll be staying home and getting ready to cook a turkey today. Happy everything, everyone! Hope to see you on Boxing Day.

Anonymous said...

All the best of the season to all
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Looking to come out tomorrow morning - tims2 @ 9
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be there too - looking forward to seeing you all.

Helen said...

Regretfully we won't make it to Tim's 2 this morning. Hoping to get our walk in later in the day. Hope everyone had a splendid time with friends, family and food over the last couple of days!

Trish said...

I won't be out this morning. Offering to drive anyone on Wednesday so I have no more excuses.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out this morning and it's back to work on Wednesday. See ya all in 2017.

Barb Shand

Kim said...

Won't be out this morning cuz I'm not feeling well. I intend to be out on Wednesday, though.

Helen said...

We're in for the 9am walk from Occasions on Wednesday. Afterwards we could try coffee at the Lazy Daisy Café.

Anonymous said...

Don't have to go to work so will be at the 9 a.m. walk from Occasions Wednesday.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I'll be there today
Leverne