Thursday 29 December 2016

Walks: Sat. Dec. 31 to Wed. Jan. 4

Sparkles on the Danforth
Greetings, Shore Things. I (that is, Helen) am (or, is) your blog host for the next two weeks, so please send any blog news to me.

We have a Saturday walk on New Year's Eve this year. What fun! Hope you'll all come out to play, 8 am at our usual haunt – Tim's at Lakeshore and Leslie. Distance will be just as we please. A great way to end what some might call a horrible year.

(Note to Cynthia and Stacey, I still have your calendars. Let me know if you're coming.)

Some lucky people are still off work this week, and might opt to walk in the morning rather than the evening. If that's you, I suggest a compromise time of 8:30 am – so that it doesn't eat into the day.

Whether morning or evening, it's Monday from Loblaws. Wednesday, from Occasions. We're still not in training, to distance is at our option.

Please sign in to say where you'll be and when. That really helps!

For those who need to clear their head on January 1, remember the annual Hair of the Dog 9K and 3K at the Balmy Beach Club. Get info or pre-register at this link. But you can also sign up on the day.

Rainer has a shout-out that just a few walker spots remain for the Robbie Burns 8K on January 29th. Some of our Shore Things have already signed up. You can join them at this link. Fees go up on Dec. 31st. For newbies, this is a great winter race, with food, prizes after and interesting swag – a backpack this year.

More racy talk from Libby:

Race News is very limited these days with no training in progress. 

With New Year's Day fast approaching, are there any of you with resolutions to train for a race or two. Please do let Libby know of race interests and sign ups! 

Kudos to Dawn, Charlotte and Lou-Ann for registering for the Shopper's Women's Half. Any others ready to sign up for this fun race? 

And that's our post for this week. Stay safe, everyone, and if we don't see you on Saturday, have a Happy, Healthy New Year! Love to all!

Lighting up a wintery night

19 comments:

Trish said...

If the weather cooperates I plan to be at Tim's Saturday morning for the last walk of 2016. Wishing everyone the best for 2017.

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim's in the morning.

Libby said...

I plan to be out for a short walk tomorrow at Tim's with Arlene. Happy New Year to all

Helen said...

Hope to be out on Saturday. Let's see if the weather has other ideas.

P Dawn said...

I might join you for coffee tomorrow morning, but if I don't get there,I want to wish everyone all the best for 2017. I hope that I'll be able to start walking early in January, but it really depends on when I can get on my walking shoes. All the best.

Jan said...

Hope to be out - a lot of chocolate to walk off.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tomorrow. Wishing everyone all the best in 2017.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Although I thought I might make it out for the last walk of 2016, I have decided to sleep in and rejoin the group in 2017. Happy New Year everyone!
Lynne

Libby said...

change of plans and will not join the walk today. Happy new Ywar All

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out to say goodbye to 2016
See you at 8
Leverne

Lou-Ann said...

Is anyone walking on Monday morning from Loblaws - 8:30am? I need a slow walker..
Happy New Year to all!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could, but I will not be walking on Monday.

Barb Shand

Barbara Brown said...

Happy New Year to all from Carlingford, Ireland. Look forward to many walks with all our friends in 2017!

Kim said...

I can walk on Monday morning, January 2.

Libby said...

Arlene and I will coming to walk with the group Jan 2 at 8:30..is it Loblaws or Tim's 2. Please let me know. Thanks..

Kim said...

I understood it to my Loblaws, but I could be corrected.

Libby said...

Thanks Kim....see you at Loblaws at 8:30 am tomorrow

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Loblaws at 8:30 am. See you then.

Helen said...

Jan isn't available for the 8:30 am walk on Wednesday, and she can't make it in the evening. So Bob and I have volunteered to keep her company for a 7:30 am walk. We won't be out at Occasions then, neither morning nor evening.

As no one else has signed in yet, I'll assume that means no one was coming in the a.m. anyway.