Friday 11 November 2016

Waterfront Walkers

Join us Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Distance will vary: some will do 10 km; others 6 km; and still others will go until they turn back. Let's git 'r done!

Mid week walks:
1. Sunday, at the Running Room on Queen, starting at 8:30 am.
2. Evenings: changing to a start time of 6:30 pm during the winter months (this is an experiment with the earlier start time).  Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday).
3. Mid-week day time - check with Dawn if you are interested.

Announcements:  Shorethings Year End Party is Saturday at 6:00 pm. Promises to be a good time with great (pot luck) finger foods and great guests. See you there.

from Libby: Bring your ideas for races in 2017 - The Ottawa Army Half celebrates its 10th anniversary and is a great race route. Even has a 5 and 10 k route for those interested in shorter distances. 
Ruth has been overheard talking about entering the lottery for the New York marathon???. Look forward to lots of input on races for 2017 at our gathering on Saturday!
From Helen:  Mississauga is the race for you and your walkers however the biggest factor is that you would be able to receive an exclusive 15$ off discount code for any of our distance events.  We offer a Full, Half, 10, 5, & 2 events all which are walkable.  Helen will have more information on Saturday/ 

from Susan:  Congratulations to Dianne who completed the New York marathon last weekend - well done, Dianne; All your hard training paid off.

from Helen: Helen expects to have calendars for those who ordered and will bring them to our party. Please bring a cheque for Charlotte. Contact Helen if questions via shorethings@icloud.com





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there at 8 am. Distance tbd. Tania

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday also - looking forward to a post election head clearing walk (or run, as the case may be).

Barbara Brown said...

I will be there too! Looking forward to getting out.

Olwyn said...

I'll be there at 8; looking forward to getting out again and seeing everyone; I may be running with Susan!

Sharon KJ said...

I can't think of a better way to clear the mind than an early morning stroll. Pick you up at 7:40 Barb S.

SKJ

Trish said...

I'm not making any promises about being out in the morning. Know I should. I can however promise that I will be ready for the party! Anyone helping with set up see you at 5 and the rest of you at 6.

Kim said...

I will be out for 8 on Saturday. Clearing my head after this particular week is another issue.

Ruth said...

I'll be there at 8:00 for whatever distance people plan to do.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I will be out for a short stroll Saturday morning. Thanks Sharon

Barb Shand

Helen said...

We'll be out. 8 am, for distance TBD.

Anonymous said...

See you at 8.
Val

Anonymous said...

we should see a wonderful supermoon tonight on our walk, whose joining? Don't forget we are starting at 6:30 tonight.
Leverne

Susan said...

I plan to be there too! See you then.

Jan said...

Coming.....!!!!!!

Jan said...

Anybody walking tonight? I plan too

Susan said...

I'll be there - looking forward to it. 630 - Occasions

Anonymous said...

Will not be out this evening,

Lynne & Leverne

Helen said...

Bob is trying to hurry home – TBD. With luck, we'll be out at 6:30.

Susan said...

I can be flexible with start time, Helen, if that helps - looks like it is the four of us only tonight. Just keep me posted if you want to change it to be bit later.

Helen said...

We might be a few minutes late.

Jan said...

Helen just texted that Bob is home so we should be ok to meet at 630

Susan said...

Ok - I'll change and leave asap - see you