Friday 4 November 2016

Beautiful fall colours

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Weather looks promising so take advantage of the mild temperatures. Distance can be whatever you choose; some will want to walk 8 - 10 kms; others will walk less. 

Other options include:
Sunday mornings at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Weekday evenings at 7:00 pm - Mondays at Loblaws and Wednesday at Occasions.
It would be great to have more people join these mid-week walks.

Announcements:  Next Saturday, Nov. 12th, is the Shorethings Year End Party - let's celebrate and talk about races and/or goals that appeal to you for next year.  Bring your ideas and finger food item. RSVP if you haven't done so already.

from Rainer: Just back from Florida, while visiting my brother I saw there was a race - I was a last minute entry in the 5km. Fun. Nice t-shirt and finishers medal. Post race we had Pasta and Meatballs, cookies, bananas, chocolate milk, bagels, energy bars and .... BEER. To have a beer at 8:00am was a treat. Big turnout in the 5km category and a lot of Half marathoners as well.I finished 303 out of 584 runners/walkers in the 5km but only 4th in my age category.

As always, to those who are ill or injured or recovering from surgery, we wish you well. We miss you. To those travelling, be safe and enjoy.

See you Saturday.

21 comments:

Trish said...

I will be out in the morning. See you all then!

Anonymous said...

We will be there at 8 with Dawn.
Val

Anonymous said...

I would like to be there but I have one of my best friends staying over. Am I able to bring him? He is very quiet and keeps pace. He has blond curly hair and is a beautiful standard poodle named Billy. Please let me know, he is well trained and great with people.
Tania

Olwyn said...

I won't be out in the morning, working late again tonight. But Tania, bring Billy; he sounds like a perfect addition to the Shore Things! Congrats Rainer on your impromptu race; beer at 8am sounds like a treat indeed!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, count me and Billy in! Tania

Susan said...

I'll be there (mind you, I said that last week and then didn't get there) but each week is a fresh start.

See you Saturday.

Libby said...

Arlene and i plan to be there for a 10K walk as we continue our walking challenge quest...

Jan said...

I plan to be out but maybe a short distance - having a bit if trouble with the leg with the pin in (sigh).

Helen said...

We'll be at Tim's for a distance TBD.

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's for a short distance.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Sharon will be at Tim's tomorrow morning too.

Barb Shand

Kim said...

I won't be out on Saturday because I'm going to an educational thing.

Susan said...

I can walk tonight if there is company - any one coming out?

Jan said...

I am planning on it but I'm stuck at Parliament and Gerrard waiting for a bus! Ah I think I finally see one coming!!

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne will be walking

Helen said...

Hoping to be there, Susan. Just waiting to see if Jan makes it home in time.

Susan said...

It is my assumption that we are meeting at 7:00 tonight so will see you then

Helen said...

Provided Jan's connections are okay, 7 is the earliest we will likely be able to start.

Jan said...

Just got home so 7 it is!

Helen said...

I'll be at Occasions at 7 pm for 6K or so.

Susan said...

I can walk too tonight - sorry for the last post