Friday 28 October 2016

Walks - Saturday Oct. 29 - Wednesday Nov. 2

Well Done

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a distance of your choosing. Some will walk 10 km; others will walk less. Weather is expected to be grand - let's take advantage of the day.

Mid-week walks are as follows:
1. Sunday mornings from the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am
2. Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) evenings at 7:00 pm

Announcements:
The year end party is Nov. 12th.  RSVP if you haven't done so already. Fine folks and finger foods only.

Please bring along any race ideas or suggestions that appeal to you for 2017. Having a race is a great way to motivate you to train and get your distance.

Lastly, there is a short survey on the upper right hand corner of the main Shorethings page regarding Shorethings awards - please enter your vote - question is: keep doing the awards or give it a rest?

If you haven't been out in awhile, now is a great time to join us. The distances are manageable and the company is great.

13 comments:

Cheryl M said...

I don't usually post on the blog but, thought I would say that I miss seeing you all and hope to be out walking again in the new year. In the meantime walk carefully, stay warm and hope to see you soon.

Cheryl

Trish said...

I probably won't be out in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking in the morning, going up north for the weekend.
Lynne

Libby said...

Ruth, Arlene and I have honourable intention of walking 10K tomorrow. We hope a few will join us.

Helen said...

I hope to be out on Saturday. Don't think I'm read yet for 10K.

Would anyone like to join me on Saturday evening for dinner downtown and a look at Bob's show (possibly his last show of 2016)? Drop me an email and we can plan.

Susan said...

I hope to be out on Saturday - not sure how far I'll go - looking forward to seeing some of you.

Nice to hear from you Cheryl.

Ruth said...

We're looking forward to seeing you, too, Cheryl. And have a great weekend, Lynne. But not too great, because we'd like to have you out walking instead :-)

Thank you Libby - see you tomorrow morning for 10K.
Ruth

Gingerbread Lady said...

I will not be out tomorrow, getting my house ready for gingerbreading! Happy walking all...

Anonymous said...

I will be out this morning for a short distance.

Barb Shand

Susan said...

Likely won't be there today after all. Enjoy your walk.

Helen said...

While I'd love to walk on Monday, instead I'll be home shelling out (with luck) all our candy – and trying to resist eating it myself.

And Wednesday is Doc Soup night for some of our Wednesday night regulars. (I'm going to try to walk with the morning group that day.)

See you for sure on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Seems like not much interest in walking tonight, see you on Wed
Leverne

Jan said...

At Hot Docs tonight so not walking - plus the weather sucks!!