Friday 21 October 2016

Walks - Saturday Oct. 22 - Wednesday Oct. 26

Celebrating

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Whatever the weather, the conversation is good. Distance is flexible - some will likely aim for 6 km and others aim for 10 kms.

Mid-week options:
1. Sunday mornings at the Running Room on Queen St.  Start time is 8:30 am
2. Monday evenings at Loblaws. Start time is 7:00 pm
3. Wednesday evenings at Occasions. Start time is 7:00 pm.
We could use more mid week walkers, so please join in.

As happens, some are ill and/or injured and/or recovering from surgery. We think of you and send you our best wishes. You are missed. Take care.  To those who are travelling, enjoy and be safe. There is an eastern theme going: some have headed to eastern Canada while others are touring China

Announcements: from Helen - Our year end gathering is on Nov. 12, starting at 5:00 pm. Plan to attend. RSVP: shorethings@icloud.com

from Helen: There is a poll on the blog (main page) about the awards program. Check it out and vote.

from Libby: Our racing season has come to an end with no further "Race interests" listed for this year. Time to think of races for next year. Races keep us motivated to walk and train , especially in inclement weather. Two to consider:
Resolution Run December 29- with a new pink ladies jacket (Blue for men).
Robbie Burns 8K in Burlington is a great walker friendly race January 29. Do consider signing up. Only 80 walking spaces and it usually sells out in December. www.burlingtonrunners.com

from Olwyn: Thanks everyone for your good wishes for the Scotiabank Half; it was a good race, with some mild rain at the beginning. Congratulations to all who completed this race - well done!

from Rainer:  Update on 'Run Blue Mountain' race ... apart from rain just as the race was starting, it was a nice route through 'Apple Country' - through a couple of small villages but mostly along country routes. Very scenic and well marked and marshalled. Post race lunch of chilli and salad were ok with lots of apples for dessert. First place finishers in their age categories received and apple pie. Margy and I came in 2nd and 3rd in our age groups however we missed out on the pie. Nice little race worth doing in a very pretty part of Ontario. Congratulations to both Rainer and Margy - well done.








18 comments:

Trish said...

I unfortunately won't be out this weekend. Hopefully be back out next Saturday. Have a great weekend everyone.

P Dawn said...

I hope to join you tomorrow morning for groceries and coffee.

Ruth said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning, for 8 or 10K and the pleasure of good company.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

I love the photos of Ruth and Margy celebrating! I may or not be out in the morning, as I'm working until late tonight, so don't wait for me if I'm not there at 8. Happy walking, everyone ~

Susan said...

I plan to walk on Saturday - see you then.

Lou-Ann (almost gingerbread lady) said...

I will not be out tomorrow, getting all my Oliver time in as I can. Loving the photos Margy and Ruth!!!Wishing all the ill health friends a speedy recovery and a better week ahead than your last week!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out Saturday as long as no rain.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to be out on Saturday. My distance TBD.

Anonymous said...

I pulled a shin muscle so resting up this morning.Sorry to miss the walk.
Stay warm!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I will be out this morning for a short distance.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too.
Val

Susan said...

Won't be out Monday night - babysitting Keenan who is here for a sleepover - let's hope we get some sleep!

And, I'm a new Grandma again - baby girl, Elora, was born early this morning. Life is good.

Anonymous said...

Not walking tonight
Leverne

Helen said...

I actually overdid it with my big 6K on Saturday, so I won't be out on Monday night, and Bob has a rehearsal.

Kim said...

Congratulations, Susan! What great news! I'm going to bow out for Monday's and Wednesday's during the winter. I'll just sign in if I'm coming. I am trying to walk home twice a week instead.

Anonymous said...

Susan, great news, that lovely baby smell again. I won't be out tonight, too much to do at home.
Leverne

Susan said...

I won't be walking tonight either - still helping out by keeping the big brother of the new born - life continues to be good.

Back in action on Saturday.

Helen said...

Taking an end-of-season, sore-knee, late-night-last-night, might-rain pass on Wednesday's walk. Me and my bathrooms scale really, really hope to get back into the swing of things soon!