Friday 14 October 2016

Walks - Saturday Oct. 15 - Wednesday Oct. 19

My Fall Flowers

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk followed by a coffee with friends. The distance is flexible as most have finished training for races. For those interested, let's aim for 10 km on Saturday - it promises to be a nice fall day.

Best wishes to those who are doing the Scotiabank half this weekend - Olwyn (make us proud), Dianne and Elaine (who are occasionally Shorethings) - enjoy the race, do well, and we'll do a rain dance for you.

Also best wishes to Margy and Rainer who are checking out a new race (for them) in Thornbury. Enjoy the race and we look forward to hearing about it upon your return.

Other walks: Some meet on Sunday at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) evenings at 7:00 pm.  Please sign in so that others know your plans.

There are several folks who are struggling with health issues, recovering from surgery and/or injuries. We miss you and think of you - hoping you'll be back in action soon.

To those who are travelling, be safe and enjoy.

This is a great time to return to walking regularly (if you have been missing in action) - was great to see Cynthia and Eva and Tanya last weekend. It is also a great time for new folks to join us - invite a friend.

Announcements from Libby: Please put your thinking caps on to choose some races for next year...The Resolution Run is always a good start! 

from Helen:  I know we hate doing intervals, but this just makes so much sense, I don’t know why we balk - check out this link:



19 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday hoping to walk 10 km - see you soon

Ruth said...

I'll be out on Saturday as well. Still walking off the Thanksgiving pies.

Ruth

Trish said...

Looking forward to walking with the gang on Saturday. Good luck to Olwyn and Julie on Sunday.

Libby said...

Arlene and i will be at Tim's Saturday.

Helen said...

I hope to come out to join you on Saturday. It won't be fast, and it won't be far.

Helen said...

And best of luck to Olwyn and Julie -- have a great race! I wish I could be with you.

Olwyn said...

Thanks all for your good wishes; I hope to do us proud ~ It won't be fast, but it will be fun! Helen, feel better soon; I'll miss you :-(
I won't be out Saturday morning as I'll be saving it for Sunday.... :-)

P Dawn said...

Ego of luck to the Scotia half ears. I won't be out for the next several weeks due to foot surgery. But I might get to Tims for coffee.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8. Happy walking Olwyn and Julie
Leverne

Unknown said...

I plan to be there at 8 for 8...see you in the morning.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

All the best to the racers this weekend. I may not be out for the walk in the morning, though I hope to try for coffee.

Barb Shand

Bob said...

Anyone walking tonight?

Susan said...

I can walk Bob - I can even walk slowly if Helen is planning to come for a test of her knee.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight.
Lynne

Olwyn said...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for the Scotiabank Half; it was a good race, with some mild rain at the beginning. Won't be out this week ~ I'm 'hydrating' and in recovery mode :-) ,but hope to see you all on Saturday.

Bob said...

H and I have social commitments this eve so no walking for us. Back at it Saturday hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne are walking
Leverne

Susan said...

I can walk tonight too (although I have walked already). If you are going at 7:00, I can join you.

Kim said...

Sorry I haven't checked in. I could not walk either tonight or Monday. I have been working late recently. Also, I am going to Quebec City tomorrow til Sunday for a "Drumfest" with my son, so won't be out Saturday either.