Thursday 22 September 2016

Walks - Sat. Sept. 24 - Wed. Sept. 28

We were supposed to be training...

Join us Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for any distance of your choosing - I anticipate a small but keen crowd will gather. Olwyn - you are scheduled for 18 km this weekend - let others know if you would like some company.

Many are heading to Montreal for the half marathon or the 10 km walk. Wishing everyone a safe trip and a good race. There will be lots of rock and roll music to help us dance our way along the course. Remember, have fun.

Some are heading to Caven to eat buttertarts and race. Enjoy and make us proud.

Sunday - some will meet at the Running Room at 8:30 am, on Queen St.
Evening walks at 7:00 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). 

A few folks had to cancel the trip to Montreal due to illness or injury or life in general - you are on our minds and we wish you well.

Lastly, there are folks travelling afar - lucky folks, I might add. Enjoy, Travel safely. Bring back lots of photos and stories to share.

For celebrating good races and new Grandma to be, Sharon.




18 comments:

Bob said...

Helen and I are still scheduled for a blistering 5k walk tonight. If no one else is out, it's very likely we will walk from home.

Olwyn said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8am for 8km; will add in the extra km's walking to and from Tim's. Wishing everyone a great race weekend in Montreal and Cavan; Rainer, have a butter tart for me! Safe travels and hope everyone recovers from their various ailments and spills....Cheryl, I'm looking at you!

Jan said...

I wish everyone a good race in Montreal. The forecast looks great - cool but no rain, so I hope the weatherman is right this time.

Have a great time - looking forward to hearing all about it.

P Dawn said...

Now in Vienna - difficult to believe I really am here? Long travelling da but a drink and meal will probably help!

Good luck to all the Montreal bound people.

P Dawn said...

Good luck and have fun all you who are going to Montreal.. Hope all goes well

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday, have a friend coming to stay the night and leaving tomorrow morning...so would like to have a visit...wishing all the Montreal crew and wonderful race and lots of fun times together...also Rainer, do those hills and butter tarts like a real Shore Things' walker!

Helen said...

Good luck to us all, wherever we are! We won't be at Tim's on Saturday, and might not be out on Monday or, possibly, not Wednesday either. TBD on that last day. Have a great walk, a great race, a great day, and, Rainer, please eat a buttertart for me.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out at 8 am for a slow walk on Saturday.
All the best to those going to Montreal or Caven - have a great time and race.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of us Rock and Rollers, it was a fine day for a race. Sorry I wasn't able to congratulate in person the finishers before we dashed off, but a very enjoyable weekend all round.
Leverne

Jan said...

Just looking at the times - considering people didn't feel prepared, your times were great!

Sorry I missed it - hope you all had a good time.

I assume no one is walking tonight - weather not great, and I'm sure you all could use a rest!

I'm still waiting for test results, hopefully Thursday, so I won't be out this week.

Susan said...

I won't be out to night - between the rain (or potential for) and the race yesterday, I think I'll take the night off.

Montreal was great - What a crew we had there representing Shortenings and making us proud. Well done.

Helen said...

Like Susan, Bob and I are taking the evening off. (Funny typo, Susan. Autocorrect must be hinting that we'd better keep walking!)

Susan said...

I plan to walk tonight unless it is raining. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

I'll be there tonight Susan
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob has a school meeting and Jan's at a client tonight. I've been waffling, myself. But as it's my birthday I might give myself the evening off. If I'm not there by 7, don't wait for me.

Kim said...

I'm taking the night off. See you Saturday.

Jan said...

I just talked to Leverne - feeling like a slug, so as long as we do a short not too fast walk I'd like to come out- I want to hear all about Montreal!

Susan said...

Sounds good - see you soon - we'll keep your health in mind tonight.