Thursday 29 September 2016

Walks - Sat. Oct. 1 - Wed. Oct. 5, 2016

It's a technical nightmare
 No photos this post


Join us on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am. The suggested distance is 8 km - some may choose to do more or less.

Some will walk Sunday morning from the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.

Mid week walks remain the same time and locations: 7:00 pm meeting on Mondays (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). Be sure to sign in on the blog so others know your intentions.

Our race season is winding down but isn't over just yet. Ruth and Libby are doing Run For the Toad this weekend - have fun - hope you have trained for hills.  Olwyn and Helen are in the final weeks of training for Scotiabank - 16 km is the distance this week.

Congratulations to all racers last weekend. Montreal Rock and Rollers did us proud rocking to the finish of both 10 and 21.1 km on a brilliant sunny day. It was a great event with lots of music along the route. Montreal is a fun city for a race weekend get-away.

Rainer enjoyed the famous butter tarts of the Cavan crowd after his brisk hilly 10K race walk! He is encouraging others to mark this event on their calendars for next year.

Announcements: from Libby and Helen - start thinking about 2017 - what races interest you? Give it some thought; talk it up; come to the ShoreThings year end party with your race ideas.

Lastly, we send our very best wishes to those who are struggling with injuries and/or illness. You are in our thoughts. 

See you Saturday!



18 comments:

Trish said...

If the weather cooperates I will be out in the morning for 8k.

Susan said...

I plan to be at Tim's at 8:00 for 8 km
Hope to see you there.

Olwyn said...

See you in the morning at 8, for 8! Book-ended by 4 and 4~! And if you can figure out the math, you'll know how many I'm doing in total ~ :-)

Helen said...

I'll be with Olwyn, walking down then walking back up again -- and seeing you for 8K in the middle. Bob has more sensible plans.

Sharon KJ said...

Won't be out tomorrow or for awhile. Second surgery is scheduled for next Friday. Take care everyone.

Anonymous said...

It looks like rain tomorrow, so I will not be out.

Barb Shand

Trish said...

Not feeling so great. Going to bed and not setting alarm. Will be back to regular walks next week.

Kim said...

Not walking this morning. Had a late book club night last night.

Anonymous said...

See you at 8 for 8
Leverne

Susan said...

I plan to walk tonight, assuming there is no rain. Anyone else walking?

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - dr appt late this afternoon so hopefully I'll get some answers - the right answers.

Helen said...

Bob's at a school event, and Jan's at the doc's. As I seem to be having a bout with "runner's knee" I might just do a short walk from home, if it isn't raining. See you on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Neither myself nor Leverne will be out this evening.
Lynne

Susan said...

Ok - I'll cancel my plan to be at Loblaws - thanks for signing in.

Kim said...

Sorry, just got home.

Susan said...

Wednesday night is Doc Soup so I won't be walking.

Anonymous said...

I wont be out tonight, too much going on at home with kitchen reno.
Leverne

Helen said...

I'd forgotten it was a Doc Soup night tonight. Like Susan, Bob and I won't be at Occasions. Have a good walk -- looks like a lovely night for it!