Friday 7 October 2016

Walks - Sat. Oct. 8 - Wed. Oct. 12, 2016

No comment required

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk, chatter with friends and coffee. The distance is whatever you choose but I'll suggest at least 8 km.  There are still a few training for Scotiabank - tapper is your friend. Let us know if you would like company for your 12 kms.

Congratulations to Ruth and Libby who completed Run for the Toad last weekend. They both did well despite the hills. Libby has decided that back to back races (one each weekend) is too many - we could have told you that, Libby!

Our sympathies go out to Jan and Ray - we've been thinking of you during this time.

Thoughts and best wishes to those who are travelling.  And, to those who are ill and/or injured, please know that you are in our thoughts - we miss you - take care.

Announcements:  from Rainer:  Race in Thornbury (near Collingwood) on Oct. 16th. They offer a 5km run, 10km run, 21km run, 5km walk, 10km walk - anyone interested? Margy and Rainer are doing the 10 km. The area will be beautiful at this time in the fall - worth the drive!

from Olwyn: Divas Half Marathon and 5 km I have signed up for this half; it’s on June 11 next summer on the Island. It looks like a fun, girls-only race; for those of us who are true divas! Race packet includes t-shirt, a tutu, pink boa, and other fun goodies. It is considered ‘the most FUN and GLAM race in North America’, and what are the Shore Things, but FUN and GLAM?!?






23 comments:

Trish said...

I am hoping to be out in the morning. It all depends on what the weatherman actually delivers!

Anonymous said...

The same for me,
Val

Helen said...

Regretfully, I won't be walking tomorrow – and I might have to give up on the Scotia Half next weekend. After last Saturday's 16K, I developed some kind of knee pain that isn't going away. Or, at least, I thought it was getting better till I walked to and from East Lynn Market yesterday, and suffered for it all night. So next week, a visit to the doc (if it hasn't cleared up) and I'll probably have to defer my 40 half marathons goal till 2017.

Olwyn said...

Helen, take care of yourself; so sorry to hear about your knee! I will be out tomorrow at 8am for a 12k, and would be happy if anyone would like to join me. Susan, thanks for posting about the Diva race; I have since realized that it's not just for women; and I think that some of our guys would look great in a pink tutu, boa, and tiara; Rainer, Bob, Jim, David, Ian...I'm lookin' at you!

P Dawn said...

If I am awake enough I will walk down to Tims and join you for coffee.
Sorry to hear about your knee Helen. Hope it improves soon.

Susan said...

I see that I neglected to post that Monday morning's walk on Thanksgiving will start at 8:30 am from Tim's 2. I will repost on the weekend so that those who don't read the blog comments will see it.

I will be out at 8:00 on Saturday and will go the 12 km with you Olwyn (most likely). Anyone else on Olwyn's support team.

Ruth said...

Helen - get better!!

I'll be out tomorrow at 8:00 - I'm happy to join Olwyn for 12K. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I don't see in person.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Thank you Susan and Ruth in advance; and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Anonymous said...

Helen, I hope you recover fast. I got my cast off on Monday and I am ready to walk at 8am if it isn't raining. I won't do 12 km but I can do a good walk thanks to testing things out with Deanna and Sylvia. (thanks again for letting me join you) I have missed you all.
Tania

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on walking Saturday for whatever distance my legs take me...Happy Thanksgiving to all who are not walking tomorrow! Welcome back Dawn and Charlotte and speedy recovery wishes to Helen and Eileen (and anyone else who is on their lists)...thinking of you Jan and Ray...

Kim said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Helen. I will be out at 8 on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I will be out for a short one this morning. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

There are a number of us who would rather walk at 9 on Monday morning, please join us if you wish, but do post for those who are still going at 8:30
Leverne

Kim said...

I'll be out for 9 at Tim's 2 on Monday. I will take any opportunity to sleep in!

Susan said...

Won't be walking on Monday morning - I have family coming early in the day.

Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope your knee is healing quickly, Helen.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's 2 at 9:00 tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who won't be there in person.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

H and I won't be at Tim's tomorrow. Have avoid walk.
Bob

Anonymous said...

Meant to write: have a good walk . Auto-correct fun!
Bob

Susan said...

Anyone walking Wednesday night? I can be at Occasions at 7:00 pm - assuming I'll have some company. Hope to see a few of you there and then.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Neither Leverne or I will be out this evening, see everyone on Saturday.
Lynne

Helen said...

I'm still nursing a bum knee, and Bob is sitting tonight out with me. Hope to try coming out on Saturday for a short, probably not very fast walk.

Kim said...

I am going out with my daughter tonight--taking advantage of her being home for reading week.