Friday 9 September 2016

Walks - Sat. Sept. 10 - Wed. Sept. 14

The Perfect Place To Be

Join us, in the heat, again, on Saturday at Tim's. For those who are not training, I suggest meeting at 8:00 am for the distance of your choosing. 

For those training for Montreal and Scotiabank, I suggest a 7:00 am start, for a distance of 16 km.
Libby suggested Plan B, in case of stormy weather on Saturday - meet at Tim's at 7:00 am on Sunday. Sign the blog comments section so others will know your plans - especially in the event of a storm.

Sunday morning, as usual, a few of us walk from the Running Room on Queen St.
Mid-week evening walks at 7:00 pm; Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions. Midweek distances are 10 and 10 for Montreal folks; 10 and 8 for Scotiabank.

Announcements: from Eva - she is not able to go to Montreal - please contact her if you would like to use her race entry. If you don't want to complete a half, enter the 10 km. Eva was sharing a room with Trish - contact Trish if you want to discuss sharing.

from Bob - Bob has found an Italian restaurant for a group dinner on Saturday night located only a few blocks from the hotel in Montreal. Please let Bob know if you want to join in for the group dinner or if you have other plans. Restaurant can accommodate up to 20 folks in a separate room. Napoli Pizzeria, 1675 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal, QC H2X 3K4

from Susan - reminder about The Terry Fox run on the island on Sun. Sept. 18 - a lovely way to spend a morning and support a great cause. Any interest?

We send our very best wishes to those who are ill and/or injured. We miss you and are thinking of you.
Pool Buddies

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there at 7a.m Saturday
Margy

Susan said...

I'll be there at 7:00 also. I'm in countdown mode and happy for it.

Helen said...

7 am Saturday, it is. However, if it seems like there will be a torrent, especially if it involves lightning, I'm open to 7 am on Sunday as an alternative.

Ruth said...

I'll be there at 7 on Saturday. Surely the gods won't rain on us :-)

Ruth

Olwyn said...

I won't be out this weekend, as I'll be at my dragon boat regatta (Flaming Dragons Go!); and if I may repeat what Ruth said; surely the gods won't rain on us! :-)

Joan said...

The gods will not rain on us and I am hanging out laundry tonight and leaving it till Sunday just to make sure it stays dry, haha. I am walking 10k in the Longboat race this weekend so I won't see you. Have a great dry weekend and Olwyn, good luck.

Libby said...

The rain is scheduled a bit later in the morning?? So I plan to be at Tim's at 7.

Trish said...

I will be out Saturday morning for 16k. Bringing Cheryl and Anita and $20 for cab fare!!!!! If the rain starts early, I will see you Sunday.

Kim said...

I will be out at 7 am on Saturday for 16.

Jan said...

I'll be there for 7 and hope the rain holds off as I can't do Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I will be out at 8 if it isn't raining.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 7
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking at 8?

Barb Shand

Olwyn said...

I don't think the gods heard us, because, well you know, it RAINED! Here's to a dryer day tomorrow; happy walking everyone(and paddling for some of us...!)

Jan said...

I'm not going to walk tonight - not feeling my best. See you Wed.

Helen said...

I won't be out on Monday -- in Oshawa giving a garden talk. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out (yet again!) tonight, if it's not raining on Wed I am going to try and get out for the walk.
Lynne

Susan said...

Is anyone able to walk? I'll be there if there is company, otherwise will just walk from home.

Hope you are feeling better Jan.

Jan said...

I'm not going to walk tonight - not feeling my best. See you Wed.

Bob said...

Passing on tonight also. Work to catch up.

Susan said...

It is 6;30 and no one has confirmed so I will walk from home (most likely).

Hope to see some of you on Wednesday.

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight - looks like the weather is going to be ok

Helen said...

I'll be out, too.

Anonymous said...

Anyone interested in going a little earlier tonight? Say 6.30?
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with whatever time we choose
Leverne

Susan said...

I can walk although I prefer to keep the original time. I'll check back to see what the decision is.

Kim said...

I am not sure I can get home in time even if it's 7, so I'll pass

Anonymous said...

I have some work to do later so Leverne and I are going to go out at 6.30. We will walk from her house if anyone wants to join us.
Lynne

Helen said...

We'll be at Occasions at 7.

Jan said...

Looks like Helen and Bob and I will be going at 7 so meet you at occasions then.

Jan said...

Looks like Helen and Bob and I will be going at 7 so meet you at occasions then.

Susan said...

I'll be there. If Kim gets home, maybe she'll join us too.