Friday 22 July 2016

Walks - Saturday July 23 - Wednesday July 27

Dancing Queens

Join us this Saturday at Tim's. Training for Montreal? I suggest starting at 7:00 am due to the high temperature, with the hope of completing our 14 km before it gets really hot. Others may choose to start at 7:30 if walking a shorter distance. Perhaps we'd all be back to Tim's around the same time for coffee and visiting. Bring lots of water - remember the saying:  one in; one on. 

Training distances: Montreal - 14 km; 6 km; 6 km. 
Scotiabank:  8 km; 6 km; 6 km.
Come out and git 'r done!

Other walks:  On Sunday, folks meet at the Running Room on Queen Street at 8:30 am. 
Week day evenings, we meet at 7:00 pm at Loblaws on Monday; Occasions on Wednesday - we'd love company for those evening walks ... just saying...

Announcements: from Lou-Ann: The annual pool party is Sat. Aug. 20th, anytime after 2:00 pm. Please let Lou-Ann know if you plan to attend. It is pot-luck. Food is always delicious; the pool is so refreshing. Many thanks to Lou Ann & Paul for hosting again this year.

from Olwyn: Think ahead and sign up for the Santa Claus race in Burlington Nov. 26th; only 5 km. It is lots of fun.

from Susan: For those of you who took on one of our two challenges - how are you doing? On track? need to catch up?  There is still time to meet the goal even though weather, vacations, and injuries (to say nothing about willpower) can make the challenge even more challenging. Let us know how it is going.

from Norma: the route along the boardwalk has construction at the Balmy Beach Club and therefore, we need to have a small detour at the Club. It is still possible to get past this point - watch for a little opening in the fencing to the north - streetside.

Thanks, Kim, for hosting a great wine & cheese gathering to kick off the Beaches Jazz festival on Thursday - very enjoyable.

Be Well.











33 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be out on Saturday. Happy to do 7am or 7:30am. Anyone else going at 7am? Tania

Lou-Ann said...

Welcome to the group Tania, I received an e-mail from Norma that you are walking with us now...I will be out at 7:30 for a short walk if it is really hot...

Anonymous said...

I too will be out for a short walk at 7:30.

Barb Shand

Olwyn said...

Welcome Tania, nice to have you with us. I'll be out for an 8k at 7:30am; I may be earlier if it's really, really hot. Looking forward to re-hydrating after the walk with a nice cold iced coffee!

Susan said...

I'd like to start at 7:00 ("like" is the wrong word, but anyway) because of the heat - I need to do 14 km. I hope I'll have some company for this distance and a cool route.

See the rest of you at coffee.

Susan

Ruth said...

I'll be out at 7:00 for 14K. I share Susan's feelings about the timing, and also her hopes that we can beat the worst of the heat.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the warm welcome, last Saturday was fun. I will be there at 7am and join you Ruth and Susan if I can keep up with you. Not sure I can do 14K but I will try! See you then. Tania

P Dawn said...

I;ll be out at 7.30/

Jan said...

I plan to be out at (eek) 7am to do 14. To do 14 on the Boardwalk route would be to Warden and back. To do 14 on the spit is the long way around the lighthouse and back the long way plus a slight jog on Unwin to where the road bends around.

Or I could plan something new?? Just thought with the heat we might want to be by the water - in case we want to jump in....

Thoughts??

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 7 too. Don't really care which direction, but the boardwalk would probably be cooler for the start anyway.
Leverne

Helen said...

Okay, 7 am it is. Out on the spit might give us access to breezes. Plus no hill on Fallingbrook. (I know we need hill training; just not yet.) Maybe we can do the Unwin bit first, so we can bolt for the stable on our way back.

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow but plan on be back to regular walks on Monday. Stay cool and have a good weekend.

Charlotte S said...

I will be there for 7:30 for(not)14k. More like 7-8.

Susan said...

Now, I know it is hot, but we have to get our mileage in so I'm asking the question - is anyone going to walk tonight from Loblaws? I'll be there if I have some company. Will check back later.

Susan

Kim said...

I will walk tonight.

Kim

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking Monday evening.

Anonymous said...

I'll give it a shot
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight for a short one - I believe we are supposed to do 6 tonight??

Helen said...

Yes, a mere 6K.

Unknown said...

Is anyone walking 2nite from Occasions?

Susan said...

Yes. I will be there Viv. See you there.

Helen said...

Bob and I walked this morning, so we won't be out at Occasions. See you Saturday!

Jan said...

I will be too - unless I melt

Kim said...

Coming

Jan said...

OK so now what?? Not too keen on going out in a thunderstorm

Susan said...

Want to wait until 7:30 and see if the rain / storm passes? I don't think it will last, if we even get much. Just a bit of thunder here - no rain yet.

Jan said...

Pouring down here

Kim said...

Not coming.

Susan said...

okay - let's not go, I say, reluctantly but wisdom ought to prevail.

Pouring here now also.

Jan said...

Pouring down here

Jan said...

Maybe tomorrow night in lieu??

Susan said...

I could walk Thursday night - supposed to be cooler, I think. Let's plan to do that and sign in again on Thursday.

Good idea.

Kim said...

I can't come tomorrow.