Thursday 28 July 2016

On the move
Join us on Saturday at Tim's. Fortunately the forecast for this weekend is for reduced heat and humidity. 

Nonetheless, Montreal training calls for 16K Saturday and I suggest that we start at 7:00 am if doing 16k. 

Scotia trainees have a mere 10K on Saturday - could start at 7 or 7:30 - you pick. 

For all other walkers, 7:30 is a great start time - Sign in - it helps.

Since it is a long weekend, I suggest that we meet at Tim's 2 at 8:30 am for Monday's walk. 

Mid week distances: Montreal 8 and 5K; Scotiabank 6 and 6K

Please sign in so others know your intentions.

Announcements - from Libby: 
Consider this: Another September Race for consideration is the Longboat Toronto Island race- September 11th which has various distances:  10K; 5K; 1 mile and a family category. Registration cost increases August 1. It's a fast flat course, includes a beautiful ferry ride, great medals and race shirts, and a delicious post race BBQ. www.torontoislandrun.com.

Enjoy and celebrate the long weekend whenever you are!



27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there at 7am with my water bottles on this time! Tania

Anonymous said...

I will not be out on Saturday or Monday. Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

Barb Shand

Susan said...

I'll be out at 7:00 am for 16kms. Hope to have lots of company then and later for coffee.

Enjoy the long weekend!

Jan said...

I'll be out at 7 for 16

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on coming tomorrow morning. I will decide on a distance then, however it's unlikely to be 16k.
Lynne

Olwyn said...

I'm in sweltering St Louis so won't be out Sat or Mon; but Happy Simcoe day to all!

Helen said...

16K at 7 am sounds just delightful. :^/

Sharon KJ said...

Miss the walks, the company, and Tim's!

SKJ

Libby said...

I won't be out Saturday- doing the 16K from home along the beltline as I have to be home by 10. Hope to see you Monday.

Deanna said...

Anyone walking at 7:30?

Trish said...

Cheryl and I will be out at 7 for 16K. As they say, slow and steady wins the race!!!!!!!!!

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning at Tim's 2 at 8:30

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out at Tim's 2.

Libby said...

I plan to join you at Tim's 2 tomorrow

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's 2 on Monday also. See you then.

Trish said...

I won't be at Tims 2 in the morning. Have a good walk. Happy Simcoe Day!

Anonymous said...

I am going earlier so won't be there, have a great walk! Tania

Anonymous said...

I missed walking with you this holiday Monday. I have an early appointment on Wednesday and will be walking at 7am or 7:30am for 5 or 6K if anyone wants to join me. Please let me know. Thanks! Tania

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking this evening?
Leverne

Helen said...

I'll be walking Wednesday evening and looking for walking partners. Anyone?

Susan said...

I'll be walking tonight - see you there, Helen.

Anonymous said...

I'll come out tonight for a short one.
Lynne

Jan said...

Hi All

I was hoping to walk tonight but struggling with a report due by weekend so don't count on me. If I am coming I'll sign in.

Anonymous said...

I posted my message from my chilly office, now that I'm home I have changed my mind. I'm not walking tonight, too damned hot. See you all on Saturday.
Lynne

Kim said...

I'm not walking tonight, sorry.

Jan said...

screw it I'm coming walking if I can get home in time - leaving Parliament and Gerrard now.

Susan said...

Okay - was hoping to cancel due to heat but now, I am feeling guilty at the very thought - I'll be there.