Thursday 2 June 2016

Walks: Sat. June 4 to Wed. June 8

Is this the new ShoreThingMobile? With built-in medals!
It's hard to believe that Sheilah and Charlotte were bundled up only a few days before Helen and Olwyn were sweating it out at the 12.3km Women's Half Marathon (re-dubbed a "fun run" -- Ha!). And yesterday we had to haul out our sweaters. Who knows what Saturday will bring!

Come out for a lovely, between-half-marathon-schedules, anything-goes distance – a great time for anyone who has been hanging back to join us. Same goes for Mondays and Wednesdays, morning or evening. Sign in with your presence and preferences.

We have some 10K races upcoming. June 11 is the Shoppers Women's 10K, June 18 is the Ajax 10K and I believe we even have some doing the Waterfront 10K on June 25. Let Libby know if you're signed up for these or other races!

From Libby:
Best wishes to Margy and Iona for the Niagara Women's Half and to Elaine and Arlene in this weekend's Half Marathon walk in Prince Edward County. Weather looks more reasonable.

Training distances of your choice for another couple of weeks until the Montreal Half race training begins.
From Joan – who points out that we also have a race option on Sunday, June 12:
Spring Fling Toronto 15k, 10k & 5k: springflingtoronto.com
in the Sunnybrook Park/Wilket Creek Park system [Editor says: And if you check that link, you'll see that the medal is quite "deer!"]
Also from Joan:
This past winter, my eldest son Matthew was diagnosed with stage 2 testicular cancer last fall. He had surgery in November at Princess Margaret Hospital followed by 9 weeks of chemo. In March he was given a clean bill of health and our hope is of course that it never returns. He is a father to the most beautiful 17 month old and now, once again has a lovely head of hair and a bright future. Long story short, he and my daughter Kezia are riding in the Ride To Conquer Cancer in June in support of this fantastic hospital. If you are able and feel so inclined I have included their letter asking for support.

Here are the links to their donor pages: for Kez’s page or for Matt’s page.
I think that's everything! Because you've been such attentive readers, here are two pictures for you.

Helen and Olwyn "glowing" with one of our race cheering stations.

Wednesday walkers. Note the two "new members" above.

25 comments:

Joan said...

I will be out Saturday morning, hoping for at least 10k.

Trish said...

I won't be out this Saturday. Heading north for a girls weekend. Have a good weekend everyone!

Stacey said...

I won't be out Saturday (again). We're having a yard sale and I think Peg might be a wee bit upset if I'm not there 😜 I'm looking forward to getting out again though - it's been a busy, busy spring!

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tims tomorrow or ing.

Charlotte S said...

I plan to be at Tim's tomorrow morning for a brisk 7-8k.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday morning, as I'm taking Steve to the airport ~ he's heading to Charlottetown to join Anne of Green Gables for a month ~ happy walking everyone!

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's Saturday morning.
I will also be walking Sunday morning.

Sylvia

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow but I'll miss the walk and the wonderful members of the Shore Things! Enjoy!

Joan said...

cannot make it after all. Have a great walk.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim's. See you soon.

Helen said...

Is anyone walking from Loblaws tonight?

Kim said...

Just got home. I will pass but see you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk
Leverne

Helen said...

It's starting to look stormy, and which seems to be confirmed by the radar map. Maybe pass?

Jan said...

I was planning on it but Ray just read out the weather forecast to me - severe weather predicted.

I could be convinced to stay home....

Helen said...

Hoping to walk on Wednesday, but as usual keeping an eye on the forecast. If we go, let's choose a sheltered route -- windy.

Anonymous said...

I hope to walk tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I was planning on joining you tonight unless you think we will be blown away!
See you at 7:00,
Sheila

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - got a client coming. Too bad - I could use the walk.

Helen said...

I think Jan's coming after all. Let's convene at 7 at Occasions and decide from there which direction and how far.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - got a client coming. Too bad - I could use the walk.

Kim said...

I'm coming tonight.

Jan said...

That's weird, I thought I posted a new message saying I was coming. My client cancelled so I'll be out after all.

Jan said...

Change of plans - client just cancelled! So I will be out after all.