Thursday 9 June 2016

Walks: Sat. June 11 to Wed. June 15

Iona and Margy shine at the Niagara Women's Half
Let's begin with Rainer's race report on the Niagara Women's Half:
Another well executed event ... definitely for the ladies ... out of 2,289 entries (465 walkers) only 19 men. Great swag bag ... red technical shirt (fitted of course) .... bottle of wine ... perfume ... make up ... Port-a-potties with flowers ... Firefighters putting finishers medal on ... no wonder only 19 men signed up.

Margy finished in 2hr 58min chip time with Iona hot on her heels .... both came in sub 3hr ... first time the two have finished it together ... not sure what Margy enjoyed more finishing with her daughter by her side or shopping at the new Outlet Mall ... tough choice ....

This would be a fun event for the Shore things in 2017. Special sign up rate till June 30.
Look at the size of those smiles! Well done, Margy and Iona!

Now, besides a big thumbs-up for the two above, here's more from Libby:
Congratulations also to Arlene and Elaine who walked in the Wellington County Women's Half last weekend. An interesting race on county roads in Prince Edward County wine country with a really neat necklace as a medal! Worth considering for another year.

A few of us are walking the Shoppers Women's race this Saturday. (Helen adds: It's Trish's first race, post-recovery!) Hopefully the rain will hold off until we finish.

Please let me (Libby) know if you have signed up for races. Training for Montreal will start soon.
Let's keep all these race suggestions in mind for our November party.

So, this Saturday, Monday and Wednesday are do-as-we-please days. Please sign in to say if you're coming and, even more importantly, if you'll be away.

Love and fast-healing to all our sidelined Shore Things, good luck to all this weekend's racers – and happy trails to our travellers!

More smiles from the Shore Things – with David building up strength after his operation!

15 comments:

Joan said...

I am having a sleepover with my grandbaby, seventeen months, hmmm who will sleep? Have a good Saturday and congrats everyone on the races last week. Won't be out Sunday, going early to Niagara Falls to see my kids cross thr finish line!!!

P Dawn said...

I won't be at Tim's in the morning as I'm doing the Women's College thing. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Anonymous said...

I too will be doing the Women's College Hospital 5k. Sat. morning

Barb Shand

Helen said...

I'll be doing the Women's College thing, too, on Saturday -- somehow, I managed to sign up for the 10K.

Bob intends to come to Tim's, however. If it isn't thunderstorming, I presume. Have a great walk, wherever you are.

Olwyn said...

I'll be joining the girls doing the Women's College 5k in the morning (Saturday); hope the rain holds off until after the race. Well done everyone for your races last weekend!

Sharon KJ said...

Well, if the rain ceases well before 8 am, I'll be out for a walk. If it is raining (it will probably end at 7:45 - too late to make it to Tim's) I will stay indoors. To all the racers participating tomorrow in the Women's College race...best of luck, enjoy, and finish upright and smiling, no matter the distance. Oh, and stay dry.

SKJ

Jan said...

I will not likely be out Monday night- up against another tax deadline.

Helen said...

With Jan not walking tonight, hoping we can catch a ride with Lynne -- if you're going, we can walk up to your place. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Yes Helen I'm walking as I can't think up a good enough excuse not to....and you are welcome to hitch a ride with me. See you later,
Lynne

Helen said...

Great, Lynne, we'll head your way at about 6:45. See everyone/anyone else at Loblaws.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight. I will see you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I don't see anyone signed in, and the radar map says rain, so I'm giving it a pass tonight. Lynne is not walking either
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Should've signed in earlier then.
Bob

Kim said...

I just got home from work. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

At least I walked to Occasions.
Bob