Thursday 16 June 2016

Walks: Sat. June 18 to Wed. June 22

The Shore Things at the Love. You. 5K/10K for Women's College Hospital
In the lull between half marathon training, it seems the Shore Things have short-race fever! Last Saturday was a great day for the race above. This Saturday, we hope for the same grace from the weather report for the 5K/10K in Ajax, and next Saturday, a few of us who just can't keep still will be going for the Waterfront 10K. Congratulations to Trish on her first post-recovery race!

The medal was a bracelet this time. Either that or a neck piece for very thin necks!

Race notes from Libby:
Best of luck to those competing in the new (and well advertised) walk category of the Brandon Hills race this Saturday. It is a lovely route and I do hope the crowds stay away until the race is over. Best of luck all!

Last Saturday's Shopper's "Love You" run for Women's race  was great fun - especially for the enjoyable brunch on Charlotte's sunny terrace close to the finish! Thank you Charlotte for hosting!

A couple more weeks before training begins for the Montreal Rock and Roll so "training distances " for Saturday remains your choosing!
I should note that the Waterfront 10K has been very smart about its walker category. All they did was to add "Must walk 100% of the race" beside the walker button. So simple!!!!! Kudos. I wish all race organizers would follow suit. That, and the cool t-shirt, are two of the reasons I signed up. There's still time to join us. Registration ends June 19th.

Happy Father's Day to all our Dad Things. Hope you enjoy your day. Stay as cool as you are!

Welcome back Susan. Next week, I hand the blogging baton back to you.

Because, we do.








23 comments:

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tims tomorrow morning. Promising to be a hot one.....

Anonymous said...

I will not be at Tim's tomorrow morning. Stay hydrated everyone.

Barb Shand

Helen said...

Bob and I will be in Ajax for the 10K. Will be hydrating lots! Hope to see some of you on Monday night.

Libby said...

Arlene and i will be at Tim's tomorrow!

Olwyn said...

I'll be joining Helen, Bob, Lynne, Margy, Rainer and Trish for the Ajax race tomorrow morning. Happy walking and hydrating to all!

Olwyn said...

Helen; thanks for the wonderful quote; words to live by....or to walk by!

Charlotte S said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow for a short, hot walk.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow Walkers, Just an update for my MIA last few Saturdays. As many of you knew, my son got married at the end of May and I also had 14 members of my family over from Scotland. Wedding was wonderful and now all family members back in Scotland. I then had major surgery Friday June 10, followed by a week in hospital getting home yesterday afternoon. I am making progress but pain high and recovery slow for now. It will take a few weeks to fully recover and I not allowed to drive for at least three weeks. I look forward to joining the group for a walk once I am back on my feet. Good luck to all those participating in races, enjoy the nice weather.
Look forward to seeing all in a couple of months or so.
Frances

Stacey said...

I'll be walking (albeit very slowly) tomorrow morning! See you then. Good luck to all of our racers!

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning.
SKJ

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning. I've been a slug all week, barely leaving my desk so I rreeaallyy need a walk. See you at Tim's

Jan said...

And to Frances best wishes for a speedy recovery

Jan said...

And to Frances best wishes for a speedy recovery

Susan said...

I will be at Tim's on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Want to wish Frances a speedy recovery - one day at a time getting a little better every day. Thanks for the update, Frances.

Best wishes to the racers - make us proud.
Susan

Susan said...

I'm game to walk tonight if the rain avoids our area of the province - I think it will be fine. Anyone else?

Jan said...

I'm hoping to go. On my way home now

Susan said...

will check back to make sure Jan gets home in time to walk - and anyone else????

Anonymous said...

I'll come walking
Leverne

Susan said...

Great - see you soon.

Susan said...

Wednesday - anyone walking from Occasions? I'd love some company - looks like it will be a beautiful evening

Helen said...

We'll be at Occasions. See you there.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight - again stuck at my desk for a couple of days - need to get out