Friday 24 June 2016

Walks - Sat. June 25 - Wed. June 29

Congratulations Trish and Olywn - well done
Trish is the proud 3rd-place female in the Brandon Hill 5K — welcome back, Trish

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 7:30 am - my suggestion is that we start early for the summer months to avoid the heat, if possible. There are no required distances so come and enjoy the freedom to walk whatever distance strikes your fancy.  

Training for Montreal Rock & Roll race in September starts on Monday with a very modest 5 km on both Monday and Wednesday.

Weekly walks - Sunday mornings at 8:30 at Running Room on Queen St. Monday night at Loblaws at 7:00 pm. Wednesday night change of location for this week - see Bob's announcement below.
Sign in on the blog to let others know your plans. 

Announcements:  from Joan -  Thank you for donating to Matthew and Kezia's challenge, the 200k Ride to Conquer Cancer. About 5k from the finish the Steam Whistle team gathered. Matt and Kezia were positioned to lead the team with Matt sporting the yellow survivor flag.  Cue the mom's tears. We are so glad to support your family, Joan, and your son's recovery. Congratulations on this accomplishment too. Awaiting a photo....

from Helen:  Go to the blog website.  There is now a “subscribe by email” widget on the top left sidebar on the blog. Please put YOUR email addresses in there and click SUBMIT. With luck, it will work better than the broken distribution system. 

from Libby: - As we welcome the first weekend of summer and herld in the last race on the list until fall, we wish all the 10K Waterfront Racers a good race and hope the temperatures remain reasonable until the finish.

from Bob: After numerous requests, we are finally having a walk starting and, best of all, ending at Left Field Brewery on Wagstaff (Left Field Brewery), this coming Wednesday, June 29 at 7. Lots of free parking on Greenwood. 


from Susan: - Many thanks to Helen for doing the blog in my absence.







25 comments:

Sharon KJ said...

7:30, eh! So be it. Barb, I will pass your corner at 7:10 ( I hope). SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's as well - thanks Sharon.

Barb Shand

Libby said...

Congrats to Trish and Olwyn!
Arlene and I will be at Tim's for 7:30

Anonymous said...

Am going to see all off for their 10k and if time will drop into Tims for coffee..
Margy

Susan said...

I'll be there, at Tim's, at 7:30 am. Hope to see everyone then - will be a very hot one.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm in Quebec, so see you next week, have a good one.
Sheila

Jan said...

I'll be out this morning.

Jan said...

I'll be out this morning.

Anonymous said...

I'm not walking tonight, it's too hot.
Leverne

Helen said...

Anyone feel like switching our Monday night walk to Tuesday night? We might get a break in the weather.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather walk tomorrow
Leverne

Susan said...

I don't want to walk tonight either - have had two short walks (grandchildren) and it is too hot for me.

I'd consider Tuesday night but can't commit 100% as of now.

Susan

Jan said...

Not sure I can make tomorrow night - my niece arrives tomorrow at 4ish. And I definitely won't be out Wed, in fact I'll be MIA until July18 as I'm off to camp on Friday. I don't mind missing tonight though - heat is pretty brutal.

Jan said...

Not sure I can make tomorrow night - my niece arrives tomorrow at 4ish. And I definitely won't be out Wed, in fact I'll be MIA until July18 as I'm off to camp on Friday. I don't mind missing tonight though - heat is pretty brutal.

Susan said...

I could be convinced to walk tonight, if necessary - just saying - I'm home and I don't really have a good excuse for not walking. Is anyone going? No obligation - please....

Helen said...

If I walk tonight (Tuesday) it will have to be either from home or Occasions. Bob is away and Jan is probably busy. Text me if you're interested in a short walk. I'll admit to feeling rather slothful, but would likely benefit from going out.

Helen said...

Okay, Susan and I will be at Occasions at 7 on Tuesday, if anyone wants to join us.

Anonymous said...

Not going to make it tonight, sorry
leverne

Anonymous said...

I'm not walking tonight, too much to do. Not going to make it tomorrow either. See you all in August probably.
Lynne

Helen said...

A reminder that a walk from Left Field Brewery was planned for Wednesday evening. HOWEVER, as many of our Wednesday regulars are away, I've suggested rescheduling, unless we get at least 4 interested people.

Please check your email for more details.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Wed) as Steve is coming home from Charlottetown on Friday and I have to clean up the house (and return the empties....!) Planning to be out on Saturday morning ~ hope the weather will be a bit cooler by then.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - I have a "few" people coming for dinner.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Susan said...

I could walk from Occasions, if anyone is meeting there. Personally, I'm not interested in going to the Left Field Brewery. I'll check to see if anyone else is walking from Occasions later in the day.

Helen said...

Too many things for my mind to juggle -- yesterday, I hadn't factored my daughter's arrival back from Montreal today into my "see you tomorrow!" So I'll be skipping Wednesday (or missing it) after all, but look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Unless things change radically in the next half hour, it looks like we won't have a quorum for the brewery walk. Will confirm by email at 5 pm, though.

Susan said...

Okay - I'm staying home tonight due to no company for walking - everyone is busy tonight.