Friday 6 May 2016

Walks - Saturday May 6 - Wednesday May 11

Olwyn's Wet and Wild on Race Day

The Goodlife Race last Sunday was wet and wild with a cold rain for the entire race combined with a wind at the Ontario Place finish. None the less, all the Shore Things finished the race with an excellent showing. Congratulations to Bob (2:34)  2nd male walker, Ruth (2:43) 1st in her age group, Arlene (2:54) first in her age group, with Libby same time (2nd in age group), Helen (3:09), Olwyn, Cheryl and first timer Julie (3:29). Congratulations for perseverance and will power against the weather! Thanks to Trish for the photos.

Join us for our walks:
Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Those training for the Toronto Women's Half (18 km) and Niagara Women's Half (20 km) may want an earlier start given your distance. Let others know on the blog what you plan to do and when.

Sunday mornings, 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street.

Mid week walks are at their usual places Monday at Loblaws and Wednesday at Occasions starting at 7:00 pm.  

It is a busy weekend:  
Good Luck to Joan, Arlene, Elaine, Ruth and Olwyn in this Sunday’s Sporting Life 10K!. Weather looks very promising for this great race.

Welcome back to Margy and Rainer AND Good Luck to you both in the walker friendly KW Race on Sunday as well. Registration is still open for any last minute racing wannabe’s for this race. On another note, Margy, we are thinking of you this week following the tragic death of your friend and injuries to other friends in a tragic accident here in the Beaches.


We still have folks who are travelling - be safe; keep well; bring back some great stories to share with us.

And, to those with injuries or illness, our thoughts are with you. And, we miss you.



20 comments:

Helen said...

As it's only me training for the Toronto Women's Half this Saturday, I'm making the exec decision to take it easy for a week before resuming training. So to match my TWH partner Olwyn (who's doing the 10K on Sunday), I'll be good for 10K, in any direction. See you at Tim's.

Olwyn said...

It makes me shiver just looking at those photos; but the brunch after the race almost made up for the rainy day! Yes, I'll be doing the Sporting Life 10k on Sunday, and I wish my TWH partner, Helen, a good 10k on Saturday morning. Happy walking everyone; somehow, with the sunshine, and the warmer weather, walking any distance will be fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the Good Life finishers ... very good finish times.
We should have good weather for the K-W walking classic ...
We'll see if the Training we did walking from Pastry Shop to Pastry Shop in the UK has affected our finish times.
Rainer

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow - not sure I'll be up for 10k since I haven't been out for over a week and am still recovering from this rotten cold, but I'll see - if the weather is nice maybe....

Libby said...

I'll be out for 10Kish

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning for a good 5 or 6 km. Good luck to all racers this weekend. Looks like better weather than last week.

P Dawn said...

I plan to be at Tim's tomorrow morning for same walk as Trish.

Congratulations to all the racers who completed the half last weekend. And good for you, Trish, to go out in that weather to take photos. What a group........

Joan said...

Having tomorrow off, resting up for Sunday. Sore foot and back so not expecting amazing time but looking forward to it.

Susan said...

I'll be out at Tim's - could be talked into 10 kms with you, Helen, depending a bit on the route. The Spit will be full of little bugs in the air, everywhere, for the next couple of weeks so I'm not interested in the Spit.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning. Barb, see you at our favourite corner.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning, though I very definitely will not be doing 18 or 20 K.

Ruth

Jan said...

I should be out tonight - not sure I'm up for 10k but 6-8 okay.

Kim said...

I will come out to Loblaws unless we are meeting somewhere else. I feel like lying on my couch and sleeping but will roll my slug-like body out of the door at ten to seven.

Susan said...

I don't think I'll come tonight - walked a lot already today - don't have a good excuse .....

Enjoy your walk - lovely evening.

Helen said...

8K sounds good to me. I'm feeling sluglike, too.

Helen said...

Anyone up for 8K on Wednesday from Occasions? Bob and I will walk down to make up my 10K. (It might be a slow one. I seem to be developing that cough that's going around.)

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Helen, but it's only 6 for us tonight
Leverne

Helen said...

Okay, Leverne -- we'll work around that.

Susan said...

Just got home so I will not be there tonight. Enjoy your walk.